Website Zebra Technologies
At Zebra, we’re reinventing how businesses operate at the enterprise edge – helping them run faster, smarter, and more connected than ever before.
A dynamic community of builders, doers, and problem solvers, we each play a unique role – shaping new technologies, bringing solutions to market, and partnering with companies on the front line of business. Being a part of Zebra means making your mark as we make digital transformation a reality.
It means growing into a leader at a leading company that makes a distinct difference – because together, we’ve only just begun.
Build Today. Create Tomorrow.
Join a team of builders, doers, and problem solvers.
The purpose of this internship is to prepare college students for entry into the business world by providing a thorough understanding of the various functions of the Zebra Technologies organization. The program is designed to provide you with a full experience so that you can fully envision a career with Zebra. You will be positioned for success with training, exposure to all parts of the business, social activities, a professional mentor relationship and development sessions to help you discover your own performance edge!
The CTO’s Solution Incubation Team focuses on advanced development and application of emerging edge sensing, artificial intelligence, and workflow optimization technologies in innovative end-to-end system prototypes to solve real-world problems and advance these systems into Zebra businesses. This intern position is with our workflow intelligence group, whose expertise includes machine learning, computer vision, image analysis, natural language processing, embedded systems, and cloud computing.
- Collect data from a variety of sources (e.g. sensors, dialog interactions, etc.)
- Perform data exploration on collected data and identify common patterns in customer work-flows
- Visualize the aggregated data in Tableau
- Present findings to the core team and participate in dashboard design discussions
- Design ML algorithms to improve existing work-flow
- Develop planning, organizational and leadership skills
- Increase technology knowledge and skills
- Develop team-based work proficiencies
- Develop interpersonal skills to connect with day-to-day business contacts through follow up activities
- Current enrollment in an graduate degree program in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Engineering, or other related field of study
- Must be a Masters-level student
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Experience in statistical modeling and algorithms
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, R, Looker, etc.
- Proficiency in Python
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word, & PowerPoint)
- Intellectual curiosity with a strong desire to learn and grow
- Proven leadership and excellence in professional, academic, and/or extracurricular experiences
- Ability to collaborate as part of a team
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
Refer Talent Refer Talent
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share with Your Network
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to join our Zebra Talent Pool.
Zebra is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, ancestry, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
The EEO is the Law poster is available here: https://www.zebra.com/content/dam/zebra/compliance/eeoisthelawposter.pdf . The EEO is the Law poster supplement is available here: https://www.zebra.com/content/dam/zebra/compliance/ginasupplement.pdf .
Zebra is a federal contractor and is committed to an alcohol and drug free workplace. As a result, all U.S. based employees are subject to the Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace Policy and Procedure.