Commercial Banking – Commercial Real Estate Summer Analyst Program
The Commercial Real Estate (CRE) group prides itself on leveraging its industry knowledge to offer best-in-class financial solutions across all major real estate asset types: multifamily, retail, office, and industrial properties. We work with national and regional clients across the entire real estate sector, including developers, investors, owners, operating companies, investment funds, real estate investment trusts, and non-profit organizations.
Working here means joining a collaborative, supportive team. We want your diverse perspective to help us develop the next wave of products and solutions for our clients. We’ll provide everything you need to be successful – from training and mentorship from senior leaders to projects that engage all your skills.
Summer Analysts in CRE will work with a team of real estate professionals in our real estate businesses to deliver best-in-class financial solutions to help our clients achieve their financial goals. Real estate businesses include:
- Community Development Banking (CDB) – Provides financial solutions that support the growth of affordable housing and revitalization of low-and moderate-income communities across the U.S.
- Commercial Term Lending (CTL) – Provides commercial real estate owners and investors with term financing solutions for purchase or refinancing of stabilized industrial, retail, office, mixed-use and multifamily properties
- Real Estate Banking (REB) – Delivers commercial real estate and banking products to national and regional real estate developers, investors, Real Estate Operating Companies (REOCs), Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) and opportunity and investment funds
- Agency and Off-Balance Sheet Lending – (OBS) is an Agency lender, providing term lending solutions to Multifamily borrowers through Fannie Mae’s Delegated Underwriting and Servicing Platform. OBS provides additional CRE lending products which effectively match investor capital with borrower needs, including Freddie Mac and other CRE financing tools. The OBS product line is designed to meet CRE borrower needs and meet firm-wide objectives (affordable housing, balance sheet liquidity, etc.).
- CRE Treasury Services (CRE TS) – Provides solutions for Real Estate clients to optimize efficiency, streamline processes and reduce the cost of critical treasury management functions including payables, receivables, information management, online banking, card and more
What to expect:
Our Summer Analyst Program will provide you with an introduction to client management, credit underwriting principals, and product sales, allowing you to develop the necessary skillset to become a successful Full-Time Analyst. Our 9-week program begins with one week of orientation and training, giving you key practical and financial knowledge you’ll use throughout the summer. You’ll have opportunities to network with peers, work with colleagues and senior managers, and participate in training and learning opportunities to sharpen your skills.
You will be provided a valuable look into Commercial Real Estate as well as Commercial Banking as a whole. Assignments may include credit and financial analysis, researching industries and markets, preparing presentations, internal memos, and pitch materials.
Upon successful completion of the internship program, you may receive an offer to join our 2.5 year, full-time CRE Analyst rotational program. The Full-Time program includes targeted Commercial Real Estate training paired with exposure to Sales/Originations, Credit/Risk, Portfolio Management, and Treasury within the aforementioned real estate businesses. The program provides Analysts with the ability to develop a strong foundation of analytical skills across a range of asset classes needed for a successful career in Commercial Real Estate.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Working on financial models to support financing transactions
- Assisting in the completion of credit approval memos
- Preparing marketing materials for use in client meetings covering topics such as financing alternatives and industry trends & analysis
- Developing an understanding of the full breadth of products and service offerings
We are looking for individuals who have an interest in real estate and a desire to work with team members to build client relationships and provide exceptional client service. You’ll also have:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative work environment
- Coursework in real estate, finance, accounting or economics a plus
- Authorization to work permanently in the U.S.
- Preferred GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale
- Graduation date between December 2023 – June 2024
- Candidates must be authorized to work permanently in the U.S.
- To be eligible for this program, you must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis. We do not offer any type of employment-based immigration sponsorship for this program.