Accounting & Finance Internship:
The Accounting & Finance Internship program will provide interns with a valuable experience across our Finance job family with placement within one of our various Accounting, Finance or Risk Management teams. These teams may include BOSC Plant Finance, Financial Controllers, Planning & Reporting, or our Risk Management Group.
As an Accounting & Finance Intern, you will have the opportunity to:
- Actively lead process and efficiency analysis and give insightful recommendations to the team for improving business performance and operational efficiencies.
- Broaden your perspective on career development, gain problem-solving insights, and improve your ability to navigate the organizational culture.
- Develop your network by engaging with employees and interns from across our many businesses and functions.
- Participate in team-building and philanthropic events throughout your internship.
- Complete projects throughout the summer and report-out on your accomplishments through a final internship capstone presentation to business leaders, supervisors and colleagues at the end of your internship.
- Housing assistance and relocation reimbursement are available to interns who qualify.
- Internships are paid and are typically 12 weeks in duration.
- Day-to-day transportation to and from work is the responsibility of the intern.
- Interns who demonstrate outstanding performance and a curiosity to learn more may be offered an internship or full-time position for the following year.
- As employees, interns receive access to volunteer and community outreach opportunities and paid time off for volunteer activities.
- Throughout the internship, interns and co-ops are encouraged to participate in events that will give exposure to leadership, provide development opportunities, and offer the ability to network with cross-functional interns/co-ops across the U.S.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics or a related degree.
- Graduating between December 2023 and June 2024 and be available for full-time employment upon graduation.
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
- Geographically flexible and willing to relocate for an internship opportunity anywhere in the U.S.
- Able to complete a 12-week internship in the summer (May/June – August 2023).
- Intermediate level proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds and cultures.
- Possess a high degree of initiative and resourcefulness in completing work with limited guidance.
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher based off a 4.0 scale.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Significant quantitative and analytical capability.
- Proficiency in a second language.
- Experience with budgeting, investment analysis, economic profit concepts and/or strategic planning concepts.
- Exposure to financial modeling, scenario planning, and reporting.
- Experience with SAP.
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g. – Microsoft Power BI, Tableau).