About The Team
Zillow is actively looking for a hardworking Applied Scientist intern with experience in the field of deep learning, computer vision and NLP to join our Document Understanding AI team. This is an outstanding opportunity to become a part of our team at Zillow, which is building the next generation platform and algorithms for extracting rich structured information from real estate documents and listing images/descriptions.
About The Role
The Document Understanding AI team, part of the overall Zillow AI Group, is responsible for developing next-generation algorithms and platforms for powering Document Understanding on real estate documents across Zillow Group. These algorithms and platforms extract rich structured information from thousands of documents every day to power intelligent systems that will accelerate and streamline the real estate processes.
Apart from real estate documents, the team also develops platforms and algorithms using deep learning, computer vision and NLP to extract rich metadata from listing images & descriptions powering several downstream applications across the company.
As An Intern You Will Have The Opportunity To
- Work in a collaborative setting with other Applied Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers to conduct cutting-edge applied research!
- Find insights in diverse datasets and use those signals by applying and developing state of the art machine learning and statistical techniques.
- Work closely with machine learning engineers to learn how to productionalize and ship those models.
- Develop new techniques, contribute to writing papers and or blog posts to show off your novel work, giving back to the larger Machine Learning community
This role has been categorized as a Remote position. “Remote” employees do not have a permanent corporate office workplace and, instead, work from a physical location of their choice which must be identified to the Company. Employees may live in any of the 50 US States, with limited exceptions. In certain cases, an employee in a remote-designated job may need to live in a specific region or time zone to support customers or clients as part of their role.
Who you are
- Are you in the process of completing a Master’s or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, or a related scientific subject area involving mathematical modeling (preferred)?
- Are you experienced working in at least one of Python or R to conduct detailed data analysis, visualization, and modeling?
- You are motivated to look for insights in data, and conduct feature engineering to use those signals in new ML and statistical models
- Proficient at using algorithms for supervised or unsupervised learning with an interest in contributing to, and extending open source libraries
- Able to draw from past experience applying machine learning to big data
- Able to conduct research, assimilate state-of-the-art methods from research papers, and turn product requirements into algorithmic solutions.
- Able to clearly present and communicate research to both technical and non-technical audiences
- You have good experience with common ML tools and libs (e.g. python, OpenCV, NLTK, deep learning libs like PyTorch, tensorflow, Keras, or related tools)
- Has strong knowledge and understanding of the latest deep learning methodologies in computer vision (e.g. recognition, detection, segmentation) and NLP (e.g. classification, NER, etc.), and proven record of applying them to diverse problem areas
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Get to know us
Zillow Group, the largest portfolio of real estate brands on mobile and the web, is building a safe, on-demand real estate experience. Whether selling, buying, renting or financing, customers can turn to Zillow’s businesses to find and get into their next home with speed, certainty and ease.
We are on a mission to help people unlock their next chapter and are building transformational tools and services that create an on-demand real estate transaction experience. Millions of people visit Zillow Group sites every month to start their home search, and now they can rely on Zillow to help them finish it — and no matter what job you’re in, you will play a critical role in making this vision a reality.
At Zillow Group, we’re powered by our inclusive work culture, where everyone has the support and resources to do the best work of their careers. Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction is supported by our passion to empower people and enrich lives around everything home, a deep-rooted culture of innovation, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. But, don’t just take our word for it. Read our reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equity Index, Fortune Best Workplaces for Technology, Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials, Fortune Best Workplaces for Parents, Fatherly’s Best Workplaces for New Dads, JUST Capital 100 Company, and the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index constituent.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
- Marketing & Advertising
- Computer Software
- Financial Services
Estimated pay range
This range is based on salaries reported by 6 LinkedIn members for Applied Scientist jobs at Zillow in Greater Seattle Area. Actual pay may be different. Provide feedback
Base pay range
$115,000/yr – $189,000/yr
Additional compensation types