Summer Intern, Solutions Practice
BUCK – A 104-year-old firm that is JUST GETTING STARTED.
Summer Intern, Solutions Practice (New York Office Position)
OPPORTUNITY IS PART OF OUR UNIVERSITY RELATIONS PROGRAM WITH ANTICIPATED START DATE OF JUNE 2021.
At Buck, we’re focused on helping our clients create a culture of well-being, centered around the evolution of each person’s health, wealth, and career. Our creative digital, consulting, and tech-enabled administration solutions are empowering the world’s most forward-thinking companies to embrace the new social contract, re-energize their workforce, and embrace an analytics-led talent marketplace in ways that improve how their people work and live.
Leveraging strong client relationships with key decision makers, our teams deliver exceptional results that confidently push the envelope with unexpected solutions to help our clients accomplish their objectives faster and keep them ahead of the curve. Not surprisingly, we embrace inventive thinkers who make original contributions to the team. We put people first — our people and our clients’ people, and our inclusive and welcoming culture celebrates diversity and individuality.
Buck believes diversity and inclusion are at the center of the social contract we have with all of our colleagues, candidates, alumni, clients, communities and partners. We strive to foster cross-cultural understanding while celebrating diverse thoughts, ideas, and backgrounds of our own colleagues, ensuring that we are free to create value, deliver superior outcomes, and develop innovative solutions to our clients, peers, and the communities in which we live and serve. We are committed to sustaining an inclusive atmosphere, welcoming excellence, innovation, and creativity through inclusive leaders, colleagues, and opportunities so that everyone has the same chance at success.
Job Summary: As a Summer Intern in Solutions, you will be immediately immersed in the exciting world of consulting within a global professional services organization. You’ll help craft client strategies and solutions, support new sales pursuits, and engage with both clients and internal client teams. You will have the opportunity to contribute, interact with leaders, and make an impact from day 1.
Key Job Responsibilities/Job Description
- Synthesize and analyze quantitative and qualitative data and information (e.g., spreadsheets, client workshop and interview notes, proposals and pricing, etc.)
- Provide strong oral and written communications, including the successful development and delivery of client ready materials, thought leadership, status reports and additional content specific to our capabilities
- Support internal projects specific to our business structure and processes and/or innovation initiatives
- Work in partnership with senior level consultants and business leaders to support client accounts and new sales pursuits but with limited direct client interactions
- Manage multiple internal projects and/or client facing engagements simultaneously and prioritize heavy workloads with the ability of working independently and/or remotely with limited supervision
- Interact and build relationships with internal leaders, client and project teams and internship peers
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree with demonstrated academic success
- Strong interest in understanding the business sales process and how professional services organizations market themselves, sell into existing and new client prospects, and achieve aggressive growth goals
- Strong critical thinking and reasoning skills with the ability to analyze quantitative and qualitative data and information to draw conclusions and make informed decisions
- Effective time and project management skills with the ability to support multiple and disparate requests from senior leaders across the Solutions team
- A problem-solving mindset with the ability to successfully partner with client teams and internal stakeholders
- Strong computer skills and capabilities across the suite of Microsoft Office tools (ex: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint, etc.) as well as an appropriate level of comfort using similar tools and technologies that are commonly leveraged to manage our business and serve clients
- You must be an “agile and hungry fighter” with a strong optimistic outlook and demonstrated ability to:
- Be passionate, determined and resilient with a positive “can do” attitude
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to achieve viable “win / win” solutions
- Communicate with all levels of colleagues and client management teams
- Adapt to a variety of working styles and cultures to create valued and trusted relationships
- Operate with a sense of urgency and commitment to your projects and your teams
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
At Buck, we’re exclusively focused on helping our clients and their people succeed together. By this, we mean we’re partnering with some of the world’s most forward-thinking companies to re-envision and re-design the way that employees work and live. And we’re doing this by finding the right combination of consulting, outsourcing, and technology solutions to help our clients realize the best organizational performance for their businesses while driving positive health, wealth, and career outcomes for their people.