Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We are humbled to be recognized as one of Bloomberg’s Top 50 Companies to Watch in 2020 and one of the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2020 .
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About Our Business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyper-converged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid, and multi-cloud environments.
The Role: Cloud DevOps Intern
The Engineering Summer Internship is an opportunity to gain exposure to one or more Nutanix engineering roles according to your skills and interests. As part of the Cloud DevOps team, you will build cloud services, applications, tools, and automation systems for large scale Nutanix cloud operations. You will work with world-class engineers to build solutions in the cloud computing domain.
Each intern is paired with a Member of Technical Staff who serves as a guide through our engineering culture, toolsets, and development methodology. Our internship program also includes a series of lunch and learns, training events, and social outings to expose you to other aspects of a rapidly growing Silicon Valley technology company. This a full time, 12-week internship program.
- Architect, design, and development cloud services for the Nutanix Cloud
- Develop a deep understanding of multi-cloud and hybrid cloud technologies while working on diverse cloud substrates while building highly scalable services
- Work alongside development, test, documentation, and product teams to deliver high-quality products in a fast pace environment
- Deliver on an internship project over the course of the program using Agile methodologies. Present the final product to engineering leadership.
- Experience with containerization technologies like Docker, Kubernetes
- Have taken courses or completed research in the areas of operating systems, files systems, big data, machine learning, compilers, algorithms and data structures, or cloud computing
- Experience with RESTful API development using Python Django, Ruby on Rails, NodeJS or such frameworks
- Detailed oriented with a strong focus on code and product quality
- The passion & ability to learn new things, while never being satisfied with the status quo
Qualifications And Experience
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field required. If pursuing a PhD, please refer to the careers page for other opportunities.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation, or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting email@example.com .