About the job
Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We’re the company behind the world’s fastest satellite internet service, with technology that’s helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We’re looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
As a Data Analyst on the Business Operations team, you will provide analytics and insights into manufacturing and business systems in support of broad program areas across Viasat. A significant amount of this role’s responsibility is aggregating, cleansing, joining, and storing data from varied sources. The talented individual in this position will develop analytical models while automating reporting and bringing the data visualization to life by building dashboards for stakeholders to use. The Data Analyst will perform data analyses encompassing in a range of analytic capabilities including but not limited to: statistical analysis, regression, time-series analysis, control charting, simulation, and other mathematical techniques.
- Parse and manipulate raw data leveraging tools including R, Python, Tableau, Alteryx, Pentaho or Informatics with a strong preference for Python
- Ingest, understand, and fully synthesize large amounts of data from multiple sources to build a full comprehension of the story
- Analyze large data sets, while finding the truth in data, and develop efficient processes for data analysis and simple, elegant visualization
- Develop and automate daily, monthly, quarterly reporting for multiple business areas within Viasat
- Identifies data gaps, researches methods to fill these gaps and provide recommendations
- Gather and analyze facts and devise solutions to administrative problems
- Monitor big data with Business Intelligence tools, simulation, modeling, and statistics
- Experience building intuitive and actionable dashboards and data visualizations that drive business decisions (Tableau or similar)
- 4-5 years SQL experience
- 4-5 years data analysis experience with emphasis in reporting
- 3-4 years Python experience in data cleansing, statistics, and data visualization packages (i.e. pandas, scikit-learn, matplotlib, seaborn, plotly, etc.)
- Strong statistics/SPC background
- 3-4 years Tableau experience or equivalent with data visualization tools
- Background in data visualization and decision support leveraging open source libraries/packages and third-party tools (Tableau or similar)
- Excellent judgment, critical-thinking, and decision-making skills; can balance attention to detail with swift execution
- Able to identify stakeholders, build relationships, and influence others to drive progress
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong statistical background
- Strong preference for personal projects and work in Python
- Data Science experience
- Alteryx experience preferred
- Oracle EBS experience desired
- Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE) highly preferred
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click !