YouNow, a live streaming community of over 53 million registered users, is looking for a Data Analyst Intern to join our team. We’re a fast moving, fast growing team working on a cutting edge social video service that touches millions of users and content creators and is altering the digital media landscape.
As a Data Analyst Intern, you’ll be a critical contributor to YouNow’s Product and Content Acquisition teams. You will need to apply your knowledge to solve real-world problems and provide creative solutions.
YouNow’s Product Team is highly skilled, knowledgeable, and collaborative. You’ll be able to see the impact of your work in real-time. This role is perfect for someone who is passionate about improving the user experience on a highly engaging social streaming platform.
- Build tracking and funnel analysis for various product features
- Design experiments and analyze results for content acquisition team
- Identify areas of opportunity in acquisition funnel and user retention using data
- Use our proprietary datasets to extract critical insights that will unlock earning and growth opportunities for our community members
- Fulfill critical data requests from the Content Team, Engineering Team, and more
- Actively pursuing a degree in Statistics, Analytics or similar field – junior or senior year level.
- Proficient in SQL/Excel
- Experience with business intelligence tools preferred (We use Mode!)
- Experience analyzing large datasets using Python preferred
- Passionate about social media and/or live streaming
- Work up to 40 hours a week
- Commit to the full length (12 weeks) of the internship program
- Fast learner
- Take ownership and work independently
- Critical thinking, analytical and problem solving abilities
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability and intent to collaborate with different teams
- Scrappy, entrepreneurial attitude that gets high-quality projects done quickly
- Take initiative