About the job
Internet Brands and Martindale-Avvo are looking for an intern with strong data analysis skills. This position will be a key component in driving growth in the Legal vertical by developing an understanding of consumer and attorney behavior and identifying business trends. The intern will analyze data from our different business units to create key value points that can be used by a variety of internal and external audiences and to help grow our business.
Projects Might Include
- An analysis of Martindale-Hubbell’s top lead recipients to identify what they are doing differently to help drive their increased share of leads.
- An analysis of a subset of Martindale-Hubbell’s clients to identify “sales sparklers” such as “Clients receive x times more profile views than non-clients” and “Clients with sponsored results receive x times more leads than those without.”
- An analysis of clients with products across the business units to determine if they churn less than clients with only a single product.
- Interpret data and analyze results using statistical techniques.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Work with key stakeholders to identify and communicate key results that will be most valuable to share with our clients and prospective clients, and with sales and marketing to help them grow the business.
- Pursuing a quantitative degree in Mathematics, Statistics or Economics.
- Ability to frame unstructured, complex analytical problems.
- High level of comfort with large relational data sets, database mining and manipulation.
- Experience summarizing and communicating key financial information.
- Clear written and oral communication skills.
- Strong Excel and SQL skills.
- Familiarity with set-up and management of online reporting tools such as QlikView, Domo or Pentaho a plus.
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills.
About Internet Brands
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company’s award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands’ powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company’s continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.