Our internship program will provide an opportunity to work on meaningful products that will grow the GDP of the internet. Through the internship, you will work with many systems and technologies, gain experience in using data to drive impact. Each intern has a dedicated mentor, and every project is part of the team’s roadmap and will directly help Stripe’s mission. In this role, you will work with the Payments team to use data to better understand our systems, users and financial partners to drive improvements in our products. Payments are the core of Stripe’s business, and the groups and teams within Payments are responsible for helping our users accept and move money at massive scale. As a Stripe intern, you won’t just be working on important projects to increase global commerce, you’ll work alongside exceptional people who insist on doing their best work. You’ll work and learn from people with high standards who are great at inspiring others to do more and go further. We value technical and personal growth, and see our internship program as a vehicle to foster both.
- Work closely with product and engineering teams to identify important questions around how to define key metrics
- Conduct analyses and opportunity sizing to define addressable markets and operational opportunities for improvement
- Develop compelling dashboards and automated reporting related to key performance metrics
- Collaborate with other data analysts, data scientists (and people from other disciplines) to proactively seek and incorporate feedback
- Learn quickly by asking great questions, finding how to work with your mentor and teammates effectively, and communicate the status of your work clearly
We’re Looking For Someone With
- A strong fundamental understanding in a quantitative field through pursuit of Master’s, MBA, or PhD degree (e.g., Statistics, Physics, Computational Biology, Mathematics, Economics, Neuroscience, or Computer Science) with the expectation of graduating in winter 2021 or spring/summer 2022
- Expert knowledge of a scientific computing language (such as R or Python) either through side projects, research, classwork or previous work experience. We work mostly in R or Python.
- Ability to communicate clearly to explain your work to stakeholders, team members, and other Stripes, sharing results clearly and a focus on driving business impact
You Also Likely Have
- Prior experience with data-distributed tools (Spark, Scalding, Hadoop, etc.)
- Applied experience with SQL. We believe new programming languages can be learned if the fundamentals and general knowledge is present.
- Experience from previous internships or other multi-person projects, that demonstrate evaluating and receiving feedback from mentors, peers, and stakeholders
- Ability to learn unfamiliar systems and form an understanding of those systems, through independent research and working with a mentor and subject matter experts
Please Include These In Your Application
- A description of your work history (either a resume, LinkedIn Profile, website, or other portfolio of work)
- Example of your a relevant data analysis you’ve done, key findings and its impact