We are seeking a Data Analyst Intern to join American Tower’s U.S. Tower division’s Shared Services organization. The Shared Services organization consists of teams that create business processes, manage source systems, and provide data governance and operational analytics. Day to day you will work with these teams to support the Company’s goal of providing better insight through enhanced governance and use of Operations department data. This Intern supports a team of Analysts who perform administrative and management tasks to maintain critical operations data, provide general day-to-day data administration, and maintain system compliance and performance in complex systems.
Our Core Principles are the foundation of our culture, and we’re focused on achieving continued success by thinking long-term, leading with values, and creating value with decisions. Come grow your career with us!
Commitment: 6–12 months, starting in May or June 2021. This internship can be remote or based out of one of our main offices (Woburn, MA or Cary, NC)
Desired Skills and Experience
What You Can Offer Us
– Collaborate with team members on data matters.
– Provide end-user support and respond to user questions, advancing issues as appropriate to a System Administrator or Data Analyst.
– Coordinate with team members and organizational partners to identify and resolve data issues.
– Support the creation of new analytics to drive operational opportunities; write complex formulas to summarize and/or extract data.
– Use statistical analyses to find patterns from data and identify improvement opportunities.
– Present data in ways that are visually appealing and simple for end users to navigate and comprehend.
– Update data management documentation as new fields and assets are deployed.
– Document and track data management initiatives and incidents that require attention and remediation.
– Review, prepare, and implement requests for data clean-up initiatives, including tracking approvals from data owners.
– Assist with research projects.
– Other duties as assigned.
What You Need to Succeed
– Current enrollment in a 4year undergraduate college degree program required.
– Primary degree focused in either Data Analytics or Business Administration preferred.
– Minimum 3.0 GPA preferred.
– Proficient with computer software programs including Python, R, Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
– Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively.
– Ability to work with different functional groups and levels of employees to achieve results effectively and professionally.
– Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast-paced environment.
American Tower is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee based on age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
- Information Technology & Services
- Financial Services
- Information Technology