Internships at UnitedHealth Group. If you want an intern experience that will dramatically shape your career, consider a company that’s dramatically shaping our entire health care system. UnitedHealth Group internship opportunities will provide a hands-on view of a rapidly evolving, incredibly challenging marketplace of ideas, products and services. You’ll work side by side with some of the smartest people in the business on assignments that matter. So here we are. You have a lot to learn. We have a lot to do. It’s the perfect storm. And even better? Join us and you may end up staying for a career in which you can do your life’s best work.(sm)
If you want to learn about Claims and the technical realm, this Internship is for you. Investigating the process and configuration of claims that help a multitude of our members and provider relationships is what we can offer. Digging into the reporting process and investigatory concepts to identify and assist with innovative and efficient solutions to allow our company to continue to be successful in the months and years to come. Our Team offers both professional Business Analysts as well as seasoned Claims Configuration Specialists to create the perfect avenue of a learning and hands on approach to claims configuration and reporting.
Housing may be available for this position**
This fulltime intern position will be available Summer 2021**
- H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for this position.**
- Performing quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- Assisting with business development
- Contributing to reports and business proposals
- Project management
- Preparing information for physician provider on-site visits and calls
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college / university
- Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college / university during the duration of the internship. Internships are not intended for graduating seniors
- Minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders will not be considered. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for this position
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting, however, may be required to work from home temporarily due to space limitations
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Pursuing degree in Information Technology, Healthcare, Project Management, business, economics, statistics, mathematics, or another related field
- Sophomore and Junior class level
- Familiarity and/or passion for working with technical concepts and methods
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 7 company. We provide an environment where you’re empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Business Analyst Internship Phoenix, AZ, Arizona