Azusa Pacific University
About the job
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
This position serves as the primary departmental data expert responsible for the configuration and daily management of the offices’ technical systems. This position provides the department with a liaison to IMT and coordinates the escalation of technical needs as necessary. They support university enrollment managers by providing data analysis and interpretation as required. Secondarily, they assist end users with training and ongoing support.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or closely related field.
- 2-5 years of experience working with higher education related student information systems and/or other related technologies.
- General knowledge of IT systems and troubleshooting client needs.
- Experience in reporting and data analysis.
- SQL experience in an Oracle database environment preferred.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Campus Solutions preferred.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Functions as the primary technical expert and systems resource for the department.
- Serves as the technical liaison to the IMT department; escalating support needs and partnering on project management and third-party vendor coordination.
- Coordinates with IMT regarding system related technical needs such bundle testing, bug reporting, user support, configuration needs and other concerns within the module.
- Partners with leadership to identify, prioritize and create process improvements that will increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the office.
- Supports enrollment managers by creating and/or running queries and analyzes data for scheduled and ad-hoc data requests.
- Responsible for module specific configuration updates related to enrollment, academic, fiscal and regulatory changes.
- Serves as internal consultant to end users providing systems oriented training and the production of training materials such as process and procedure manuals.
- Attends and travels to industry related workshops, conferences and professional development activities that relate to the technical systems employed by the office.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Required to work both Saturday commencement events (winter and spring) each calendar year
- Committed to a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values diversity
- Support, affirm, and sustain the beliefs, values, and mission of the university in all facets of one’s role and through the university’s daily living expectations.
- Basic understand of Relational Database Management System (RDBMS)
- Ability to identify, analyze, troubleshoot and solve complex technical and functional problems.
- Ability to learn new technical skills quickly and identify resources to assist in that learning.
- Ability to work efficiently in designing and implementing technical solutions.
- Ability to translate end-user needs into functional designs.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and manage multiple tasks and projects at once in a deadline oriented environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage details and follow through.
- Must be collaborative and an effective team member and team builder.
- In agreement with the purpose and goals of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
- Requires repetitive motion and sitting at computer keyboard.
- Requires computer usage for extend periods of time.
- Hearing and speaking on the telephone.
- Meetings may require walking and/or driving to various University locations.
- Ability to pull, push, bend, grasp, reach and lift up to 20 lbs.
- Must be able to climb stairs multiple times in a work day.
- Computer monitor and reading.
- Reading/viewing instructions, documentation, and printed application materials in both physical and digital formats.
- Pleasant office setting, comfortable temperature.
As Such, The Data Analyst Must Have Experience With, Or Be Able To Adapt Quickly To These Types Of Technologies
The following technologies are typical of the context within which the Data Analyst will work, though this is not intended to be an exhaustive list.
- Oracle/PeopleSoft for Higher Education (Campus Solutions)
- Reporting tools such as SQL, PS Query, XML Publisher, etc.
- Productivity tools such as Microsoft Office and/or Google Apps.
- Emails tools such as Microsoft Outlook and/or Gmail.
- Grade 9: $23.58-$30.65/hourly
- Salary will be commensurate with qualifications, experience, and internal equity.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.