Website Veritiv Corporation
Looking for an internship that will use your business, technology management, economics, data science, computer science, engineering or related degree and get your career off on the right foot? As a 2021 Veritiv Summer Intern, you will get on-the-job training and mentoring and real-world experience in your field. This internship offers a unique opportunity to combine your analytic and creative abilities! Veritiv employees are well trained and able to access vast professional resources to develop their careers. It’s a great place to start your career in data analytics.
This is not an unpaid internship where you’ll spend your days making copies and coffee. You’ll be paid a competitive wage and put your education into action while learning real, marketable skills with a growing company that is hiring. You’ll participate in team projects, social events, volunteer work and professional development training.
This is a full-time (40 hours/week) paid internship that will begin on June 7, 2021 and conclude on August 6, 2021.
Veritiv Corporation is a Fortune 500® company headquartered in Atlanta, GA. The company is a leading North American business-to-business distributor of packaging, facility solutions, print and publishing, and a provider of logistics and supply chain management services.
Job Summary And Scope
As a Data Analytics Intern, you will assist Veritiv’s business leaders in their decision-making process. This is accomplished through the generation and interpretation of data. By working with our data scientists, senior business and strategy analysts, you will help develop analyses that track our operations and answer critical business questions. Your creative thinking comes into play in analyzing problems and framing statistical results in a business context.
- Create reports to portray data in a clear and concise manner.
- Assist in developing data dashboards that are visually appealing and simple to navigate for the end users.
- Create data automation processes for large and small quantities through languages such as R or Python.
- Maintain and assure the accuracy and consistency of data integrity.
- Collaborate with multiple internal customers on projects, requests and presentations.
Qualifications/Knowledge & Experience
- Must be at least a rising junior pursuing a bachelor’s degree in business, math, statistics, computer science, engineering or other related fields from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms.
- Basic understanding of database and SQL
- Basic programming with languages like R or Python (optional).
- Experience in PowerBI (optional).
- Understanding of statistical analysis.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong communication skills.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
Standard office environment with little to no travel required.
Veritiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Individuals seeking employment are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law. Additionally, Veritiv will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Veritiv’s legal duty to furnish information. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Veritiv Is Proud To Be An Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO Policy US | EEO Policy Canada | EEO Policy Mexico
This description does not attempt to define the job’s essential functions as defined by applicable disabilities law.