Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Mission Control is the organization that plans and shapes Facebook’s evolving workforce. The Analytics team within Mission Control supports the TECH organization by building and scaling solutions that support our workforce planning and programs. We work with stakeholders from across the company to manage headcount demand plans, build resources to manage the flow of talent, tell the story of headcount progression and associated components, and provide data driven insights into the health and development of our global programs. On our team, you will see a direct link between your work, company growth, and our ability to transform over time.We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our effort in building the future of matching the supply and demand for Tech headcount. You will develop data models to provide a solid foundation for solving workforce planning challenges with advanced analytics. Additionally, with your expertise in data and understanding of business needs, you will provide actionable strategies to improve our workforce management processes and tools.
- Build deep HR data expertise and own data quality for allocated areas of ownership.
- Collaborate with Analysts, Program Managers, and other Data Engineers across teams to understand the workforce management ecosystem, identify corresponding data needs, come up with technical proposals, and influence these partners on opportunities for improvement.
- Develop, launch and maintain team data pipelines.
- Build framework for auditing, error logging and master data management for your pipelines.
- Identify, investigate and solve data quality issues and make sure the data is secured and reliable.
- Design, develop and provide technical support for tooling integrations.
- Support on-call shift as needed to support the team.
- Continuously improve the existing pipeline and process infrastructure to meet evolving business needs.
- Experience in the data warehouse space.
- Experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance.
- Experience with object-oriented programming languages.
- Experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling.
- Experience in writing SQL statements.
- Experience analyzing data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies.
- Experience managing and communicating data warehouse plans to internal clients.
- Experience with more than one coding language, preferably Python, Java or PHP.
- Experience with designing and implementing real-time pipelines.
- Experience with data quality monitoring and anomaly/outlier detection.
- Experience with SQL performance tuning and E2E process optimization.
- Experience with Airflow.
- Experience querying massive datasets using Spark, Presto, Hive, Impala, etc.
- BS in CE/EE/CSE or computational sciences.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.