Website Mercedes-Benz R&D North America
Data Engineer Intern
About the job
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistant and telematic systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focusses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
You will be integrated in a multi-functional team with data engineers and data scientists to test, validate and monitor data platforms and the data flowing through them. This position supports a Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) team based in Silicon Valley. The team focuses on building comprehensive solutions to enable the collection and pipelining of both vehicle data and offboard data to generate business intelligence and data productization.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Design, implement, and maintain scalable and robust frameworks, monitor infrastructure
- Provide feedback and reporting on status of monitored services and inform partnering teams of issues or progress
- Design and scale data infrastructure to allow for optimal data extraction, preparation and loading from multiple sources such as SQL and Azure
- Build data and analytics tools that offer deeper insight into pipelines, allowing for critical discoveries surrounding key performance indicators and associated customer activity
- The candidate will join the Connected & Autonomous department which covers Research and Development in UX, Data, AI, and Autonomous Driving
- Minimum level of education required and required field of study: Currently enrollment / recent completion of BS/MS program in Computer Science, related technical field of study
- Knowledge in object-oriented programming (Python, Scala, or Java) Knowledge in SQL/NoSQL Able to learn quickly and willing to share knowledge Problem solving and communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Will accept equivalent work experience in lieu of formal education
- Data visualization (Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of mining large data sets
- Understand software development lifecycle and agile methodologies
- Masters student / recent graduate in technical field
Why should you apply?
Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent – you make the new reality for cars. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce.
MBRDNA only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have a valid Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, MBRDNA employees, or send to any MBRDNA location. MBRDNA is not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicited resumes.
Thank you for your interest in Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America. Please be aware the impact of COVID-19 could increase the amount of time it takes our HR and Hiring Team to process your application. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We are dedicated to the health and safety of our employees and candidates. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America, Inc.
Determining eligibility for employment
Contacting you about future job opportunities