Do you want to stretch your boundaries and accelerate your career? C.H. Robinson – one of the world’s largest third party logistics providers – is looking for motivated people who are excited to dig in, be challenged and have a direct impact on our global technology! We are hiring a Data Scientist intern.
From day one of your internship you will have hands on, meaningful responsibilities that will challenge and reward you. You will work on innovative projects to transform data into actionable insights that drive toward our vision of a single global technology platform that supports efficient and effective delivery of high value features our business users need. C.H. Robinson is an industry leader in logistics technology and you can be a part of our cutting-edge solutions.
- Collaborate on required analytic projects
- In conjunction with data owners and subject matter experts, develop new ways of getting insights out of data that allow us to improve supply chain logistics
- Understanding root causes of changes in metric
- Develop algorithms that can go from prototype to production quickly
- Use data mining, model building, and other analytical techniques to develop and maintain predictive model
- Working in python or R primarily, with a variety of technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Hive, MySQL, Docker) to access data and deploy models.
- Passionate about empirical research, asking and answering questions in large datasets, finding patterns and insights within structured and unstructured data
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work in team environment
- Quick learner who adapts well to a fast-moving environment and gets things done
- Combines creativity, problem-solving skills, and a can-do attitude to overcome any obstacle
- Understanding of statistical, predictive and descriptive modeling concepts, machine-learning approaches, clustering and classification techniques, and recommendation and optimization algorithms
- Familiar with data visualization using tools like Python and R. Experience with a web-based visualization tool such as (Shiny, D3 or Plotly)
- Knowledge of machine learning algorithms, both using and creating
- Knowledge of geospatial
- Experience designing and evaluating the results of complex controlled experiments
- Experience computer programming using technologies and languages like C++, Java, R, Python, Scala or related
- Knowledge of relational database and multi-dimensional concepts with ability to perform complex queries in a SQL Server environment
- Experience with data sources like MongoDB, Redis, Elastic, Hadoop
- Academic background in operations research, applied statistics, data mining, machine learning, physics or a related quantitative discipline.
Hourly: $20 – $30
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.