Organization: Thinkful Data Science & Analytics
The Thinkful Data Science & Analytics team comprises data scientists and business analysts. The team influences strategy and works closely with product, engineering, marketing, finance, and business leaders, and is responsible for generating insights and reporting for the new online learning products at Thinkful, a Chegg service.
Role: Data Science Internship
We’re looking for highly motivated interns to join our team and work on a number of applied data science problems within the online education space. Interns on our Data Science team will apply data mining and statistical algorithms to drive key business metrics and help grow revenue from Thinkful courses.
- Work closely with others on the Data Science & Analytics team, as well as cross-functionally with product, marketing, engineering, and finance teams to understand project goals.
- Identify potential data sources. Conduct exploratory data analyses.
- Utilize supervised and unsupervised learning techniques to identify clusters and trends and to build predictive models and forecasts.
- Establish model evaluation metrics. Evaluate model performance. Interpret and present model conclusions to help drive strategic business decisions.
- Pursuing an MS/Ph.D. Degree in a quantitative field (e.g., science, computer science, statistics, engineering, economics)
- A strong interest in using data mining and statistical models to understand user needs, drive business metrics, and improve product efficiencies
- Good data cleaning and data mining skills with strong attention to details
- Experience with machine learning and other advanced analytical methods
- Experience with a scripting language, preferably Python or R
- Experience with SQL for aggregating and retrieving data from relational databases
- Self-motivated; independent, organized, and proactive; highly responsive, flexible, and adaptable when working across multiple product teams; interest in Chegg’s mission
- Strong creative and critical thinking skills
- Be legally allowed to work in the US (US citizen, green card, or F1 student visa holder)
- Have the ability to work for a continuous 10 weeks in the summer of 2020
What project will the intern work on?
Use statistical methods to solve issues associated with student behavior, funnel conversion, and product performance during the pre-enroll process.
What skills will the intern gain?
Data cleaning and data mining; regression, classification, and clustering techniques; and business application of machine learning models.
Chegg out our intern program!
See what it’s like to be a Chegg intern!
Learn more about Chegg!
Chegg puts students first. As the leading connected learning platform, the company makes higher education more affordable, more accessible, and more successful for students. Chegg is a publicly-held company based in Santa Clara, California, and trades on the NYSE under the symbol CHGG. For more information, visit www.chegg.com.
Chegg is an equal opportunity employer
This is a remote position which may be performed anywhere in the United States except for within the state of Colorado.
- Computer Software
- Education Management
- General Business