Transamerica has been helping people feel better about the future for more than 100 years, and we’re proud of the trust we’ve earned. But we believe our responsibility goes beyond insurance, investments, and retirement accounts. We’re also in the business of helping people improve their financial and personal well-being, so they can add more years to their lives, and more life to their years.
What You Will Do: As part of the Advanced Analytics group, the Data Scientist works with product managers, data engineers, and other data scientists to develop innovative solutions that transform the way Transamerica conducts business.
What You Will Learn: In this role, you will gain exposure to Transamerica’s rich history and culture. You will be working with a team of ambitious and engaged professionals who bring fresh ideas and diverse perspectives to help us continually shake up the status quo and stay on the forefront of reinventing how we meet our business partners’ needs.
What Success Looks Like
- Design experiments and formulate machine learning problems to address major business challenges and innovation opportunities.
- Work with product managers and data engineers to discover, collect, cleanse, and refine the data needed for analysis and modeling.
- Analyze large datasets to extract actionable insights and inform experimental design and model development.
- Write lucid, compelling summaries to communicate results of analyses, model development, and testing that inform how the business should act.
- Collaborate with peers, challenging assumptions and providing constructive criticism and ideas for improvement.
- Build models using a variety of statistical and machine learning techniques, assessing the best type of model for the problem context, and using advanced techniques and customizations to optimize model performance.
- Harden models for production deployment and monitor model performance over time.
What You Need
- Master’s degree or PhD in computer science, machine learning, data science, mathematics, statistics, or a related quantitative field.
- Three years of experience in a data science or machine learning role.
- Excellent knowledge of major machine learning algorithms.
- Fluent in Python and R.
- Experience with machine learning libraries and platforms, like pandas, scikit-learn, and Tensorflow.
- Solid statistical analysis skills and a good understanding of experimental design.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working effectively and efficiently with large data sets.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to use data to tell a story.
- Willingness to learn and keep pace with the latest advances in data science and machine learning.
- Experience leveraging NLP tools and techniques for text mining and natural language understanding preferred.
- In-depth experience with computer vision applications of machine learning is a plus.
- Experience with the AWS ecosystem, particularly Redshift, EC2, S3, and SageMaker, is a plus.
- Office environment
- Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. It is estimated based on what a successful Colorado applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful candidate will be in Colorado or perform the position from Colorado. Similar positions located outside of Colorado will not necessarily receive the same compensation. **
The salary rate for this position generally ranges between $105,000 – $173,250. This range is an estimate, based on potential employee qualifications, operational needs and other considerations permitted by law. The range may vary above and below the stated amounts, as permitted by Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Rule 4.1.2.
This position is also typically eligible for Annual Bonus based on the Company Bonus Plan/Individual Performance and is at Company Discretion at a rate of 15%.
What You Receive
A Comprehensive Wealth + Healthpackage. It’s our passion to empower people, and especially our employees, to add years to their lives and more life to their years. That means a healthy account balance and a healthy body to match. As you’ll come to discover, Wealth + Health is a central part of everything we do!
Wealth Benefits; Competitive Pay, Bonus, and Benefits Package; Pension Plan, 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Disability Insurance, Employee Discounts, Career Training & Development Opportunities, Certification Sponsorship
Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits; Be Well Company sponsored holistic wellness program which includes Wellness Coaching and reward dollars, Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance Program, College Coach Program, Back-up Care Program, Paid Time Off to Volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program, Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion and Diversity Programs, Employee Recognition Program
Our commitment to inclusion & diversity means that we value differences. We encourage the unique perspectives of individuals and are dedicated to creating a respectful and inclusive work environment.