Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Facebook Reality Labs focuses on delivering Facebook’s vision through Augmented Reality (AR). Compute power requirements of Augmented Reality require custom silicon. Facebook Silicon team is driving the state of the art forward with breakthrough work in computer vision, machine learning, mixed reality, graphics, displays, sensors, and new ways to map the human body. Our chips will enable AR devices where our real and virtual world will mix and match throughout the day. We believe the only way to achieve our goals is to look at the entire stack, from transistor, through architecture, to firmware, and algorithms.As a Design Engineer Intern at Facebook Reality Labs, you will work with a world-class group of researchers and engineers, and use your digital design and architecture skills to contribute to the development of state of the art audio sensory algorithms, machine learning algorithms, and hardware accelerators. You will work closely with researchers, architects and designers in creating leading edge Augmented Reality devices.
- Work in a great collaborative environment advancing the state of the art Augmented Reality platform. Understand requirements, design, code, debug and test SoC design.
- Develop RTL, HLS, or architectural modeling code.
- Enhance PPA (Power, Performance, Area), through design and architecture analysis.
- Design advancements for hardware accelerators, and/or SW/HW co-design.
- Participate in reviews and provide feedback.
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a Masters or Bachelors in Electrical engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Experience in Verilog, VHDL, or HLS (eg: Catapult, PyMTL, Chisel, PyRTL, SystemC, Magma)
- Experience with Computer Architecture and Logic Design fundamentals
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Experience with ASIC development, Architectural modeling, partitioning, or DSP
- Experience with computer architecture fundamentals (eg: Bus, memory, CPU, HW/SW Co-design)
- Experience with algorithm fundamentals (eg: DSP, signal processing, Machine Learning, ML, AI, Acoustics, codecs, WOV, KWS, ASR, CNN, DNN, LSTM)
- Experience scripting (Python, perl)
- Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship/co-op
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.