Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Facebook Reality Labs focuses on delivering Facebook’s vision through Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR). The compute performance and power efficiency requirements of Virtual and Augmented Reality require custom silicon. Facebook Silicon team is driving the state of the art forward with breakthrough work in computer vision, machine learning, mixed reality, graphics, displays, sensors, and new ways to map the human body. Our chips will enable AR and VR devices where our real and virtual world will mix and match throughout the day. We believe the only way to achieve our goals is to look at the entire stack, from transistor, through architecture, to firmware, and algorithms. The successful candidate will be part of a team that includes algorithm, user experience, software, firmware and silicon experts.
- Support development of ASICs custom-designed for Facebook Reality Labs products
- End-to-system firmware development to include power-management, boot loaders, scheduling, RTOS and/or bare-metal implementations
- Develop OS custom kernel drivers and APIs for hardware accelerators and peripherals
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Hands-on coding experience with peripherals such as USB, UART, SPI, CSI/DSI, I2C, GPIO
- Experience in software design and programming in C/C++ for development, debugging, testing and performance analysis
- Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship/co-op
- Experience in understanding hardware, clock-level issues, bridges, delays, interrupts, clock gating, polling etc.
- Experience with lab instrumentation like oscilloscope, logic/protocol analyzers for debugging embedded systems at HW level
- Experience with Computer Vision
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.