Our investment teams create portfolios of equity securities through collaboration with portfolio managers, analysts, associates and traders. Our Investment Associates (IAs) focus on a small number of stocks and learn everything they can about those companies. They build and maintain detailed financial models; work with data sources to build their insight into company fundamentals; and perform many other forms of primary and analytical research to help their team understand each company as thoroughly as possible.
Successful summer internship participants will receive an offer for full time employment in our Associate Program. The Associate Program seeks to train and develop junior talent into successful investment professionals on our platform.
As a participant in our summer program, you will experience first-hand long-short equities investing from the inside of one of the world’s most preeminent hedge funds. Participants will learn through three different avenues: instructor led classroom training, rotations on investment teams, and a team-based summer long stock pitch.
• Classroom instruction will be led by a former Portfolio Manager. The curriculum will focus on key Associate building blocks – basic financial modeling, dissecting a company’s future business prospects, and distinguishing between good and bad businesses, and attractive and unattractive investment opportunities, among other areas. It will also provide extensive exposure to our best-in-class infrastructure, allowing participants to understand how the right technology investing applications and risk management systems help drive repeatable investing process and best in class performance.
• Investment team rotations will give our interns the chance to perform bespoke research projects while reporting directly to analysts and portfolio managers across different industry groups.
• Our team stock pitch will expose interns to what executing an investment process looks like – identifying an attractive investment opportunity and learning how to build and then convey conviction in front of a panel of program leaders and other investment professionals.
• Learn smart and efficient financial modeling techniques
• Gain exposure to innovative research tactics including identifying and mining external data sources
• Apply analytical and research skills to executing an investment process
• Experience best-in-class research technology and quantitative risk systems
Accepting applications for 2024 graduates into our internship program for the Summer of 2023.
• Strong organization skills to help create and maintain investment team infrastructure
• Desire and ability to learn and apply efficient financial modeling techniques
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to leverage incomplete and imperfect information into a well-formulated thesis
• Skill in utilizing third party data sets to support or refute pillars of an argument
• Interest in learning and applying new technology applications