Hyde Park Investment Services (HPIS)
Hedge Fund Analyst
Hyde Park Investment Services (HPIS) is an investment research, M&A, LBO, business and data analytics services company for buy-side clients, such as private equity firms, strategic buyers, family offices, search funds, and other investors, as well as their portfolio companies and subsidiaries. We have a track record of over 10 years and $14 billion in closed transactions, as well as vast project experience in multiple business sectors that include energy, healthcare, industrial manufacturing, business services, software and IT, construction, real estate, and food & agriculture
About the internship
This internship is ideal for candidates interested in hedge fund and other investment management careers. Our program is an opportunity to see how investment opportunities are identified and analyzed by hedge funds, mutual funds, and other participants in the liquid markets. Interns get exposure to investment projects under the supervision of experienced professionals and develop practical skills by analyzing financial statements, building forecasts and trading strategy models, researching, analyzing and presenting company, market, and industry information. Interns collaborate with members of our team and receive meaningful feedback and guidance but are encouraged and expected to be independent and proactive.
As an investment research intern, your responsibilities will include qualitative and quantitative tasks in the following areas:
• Investment research:
o Macro-level: analysis of raw macroeconomic data, trends, events, and publications to form and test investment theses at the global, regional, country, and sector scale;
o Portfolio-level: analysis of stock market results and portfolio performance, externalities, market events, and other data to present opinions on overall direction, risks, volatility, and other variables of a portfolio or components of a portfolio;
o Asset-level: technical and fundamental analysis of stocks and other assets; asset-level analysis includes review of company financial statements, stock performance measures, valuation, company’s products, operations, market position, market share, industry trends, competitive analysis, five forces analysis, etc.
• Trading strategy: building complex models that assess performance of various investment/trading strategies (built based on macro, portfolio, and asset-specific considerations) over time with attention to trade execution and portfolio management costs
• In addition, interns may be exposed to general research and analysis of industry trends, economic indicators, financial news & trends, and technology trends.
• Enrolled in or graduated from a bachelor’s or master’s program, focusing on Business/Economics/Science/Engineering is a plus, but all fields will be considered;
• Strong communication skills, including verbal and written English;
• Strong quantitative skills and proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint;
• Excellent research and analytical skills, problem solving attitude and ability;
• Desire to cultivate and contribute to a culture of learning, integrity, and entrepreneurship.
• The internship is unpaid
• Location: New York City, Boston, Los Angeles
• The internship is available onsite, but can also be done remotely