The Walt Disney Company
The Walt Disney Company’s Disney’s Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) is a global business segment for The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) with the mission of providing consumers around the world access to the content they want most, on the latest platforms, at a time of rapidly-evolving consumer habits. Combining the Company’s direct-to-consumer streaming services – ESPN+, Disney+ and Hulu — and third party distribution parties, alongside Disney’s international media businesses, DMED aligns cutting-edge technology with world-class content and beloved brands to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver highly-personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world.
Disney Music Group is responsible for creating and executing release strategies and maximizing marketing objectives and opportunities for our roster of artists and soundtracks across several genres.
A Day in the Life…
We are looking for an intern to work directly with the Marketing Team; comprised of Marketing Project Leads, Brand Marketing, Tour Marketing and Creative. In this position you will gain hands-on experience, working alongside music professionals, gaining knowledge as well as becoming exposed to the inner-workings of the recording business as a whole, becoming versed in advanced marketing techniques.
The ideal person should be a passionate and creative thinker that will take initiative and bring new ideas to the table. Must be organized, hard-working, enjoy networking, love music, and want to learn everything they can about working within arecord label.
- Assist in building innovative music marketing campaigns and fan acquisition and growth strategies
- Identify and leverage fresh market opportunities
- Co-ordinate with marketing lead to implement content tactics in order to drive awareness and build community
- Contribute to strategic external initiatives such as influencer marketing strategy and brand initiatives
- Research and evaluate the competitive marketplace
- Track marketing campaigns and their results
- Participate in all meetings developing strategic music marketing campaigns, future plans, initiatives and timelines
- Support the Marketing Lead in collecting and distributing release assets & marketing materials for product launch ensuring key individuals internally and externally are equipped with everything they need
What we’re looking for…
- Passion for music and a deep understanding of the ”fan” mentality
- Strategic thinker, and creative marketer
- Strong knowledge of new music trends, pop culture and technologies
- Experience compiling and analyzing marketing data from various sources
- Work independently as well as work closely with a group
- Ability to assist the team in managing multiple projects with concurrent timelines
- Excellent time management, follow-up skills, organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Adaptable, quick learner with fundamental problem solving skills
The Preferred Qualifications section is just that, preferred however NOT required to do this internship
- Photo Shop or InDesign skills
- Familiarity with Adobe Suite
- Experience with Final Cut
- Previous work/internship experience in the music industry
- Currently enrolled as a junior or higher or must have graduated within the past 18 months from an accredited college/university, earning a degree in Marketing, Communication, or related
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 18 months OR currently participating in a Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program, concurrent to this internship
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- This internship is a remote internship. The internship requires a working, reliable internet connection as well as a quiet, dedicated work space.
- The approximate dates of this internship are May/June 2021 through August 2021
- Candidate must be available to work full time hours for the duration of the internship
- Public Relations