Website FedEx Services
Company: FedEx Services
Job Title: Intern Data Science /Analytics
Job Requisition Number: RC286540
Pay Type: Non-exempt
Memphis, Tennessee 38116
This is a 10-week assignment for students pursuing a college degree. Assignments are directly related to intern’s academic degree. Under direct supervision, performs duties as assigned. Student participates in a number of organized events providing visibility into the overall operations of FedEx.
Full-time internship opportunity available in multiple locations across the US from June 2021 to August 2021.
The Intern May Assist With
Under close supervision, the successful candidate may assist with project management, process mapping, data analysis, workflow documentation, and report automation. The project may relate to developing customer profiles based on data attributes, or analyzing package data attributes to optimize customer satisfaction.
- Conducting data analytics, customer profiles, report development, and/or research.
- Interacting with business partners and/or staff to gather, interpret, and document customer and operational behavior for data analysis.
- Documenting systems functions and business process flows.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Strong analytical/quantitative, project/program management, organizational, leadership, presentation, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities and monitor ongoing results.
- Ability to synthesize big data (quantitative and qualitative); Report design/development.
- Knowledge or experience with one or more of the following: data analytics, forecasting/modeling, strategy planning, engineering planning, operations, economics, process mapping, database query creation, web development, and project management.
- Basic knowledge of one or more of the following: the software development process, systems applications and architecture, Query Languages, “R,” MATLAB, Python, C++, objective-C, and SQL.
- Experience with Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Kafka, Hbase, etc.
- Use of one or more analytic software tools or languages such as. Scala, R, Python, SAS
- Demonstrated expertise in developing data pipelines with industrial datasets to enable descriptive, applied, and predictive analytics
- Information technology data collection, organization, integration, data cleansing, data quality assessment, and using analytics for data assessment
- Knowledge of PowerPoint, Keynote or Prezi and the Microsoft Office suite.
The Following Are Considered a Plus
- Enrollment as undergraduate at junior year or above or graduate student in Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Operations Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Process Analysis, Systems Analysis and Design, Decision Science, Data Science, Statistics, Applied Statistics, Quality Improvement Analytics, Informatics, Mathematics, Business, Management, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Industrial Psychology, or other related major.
- Ideally, plans to graduate within 12 months of completing the internship and begin full-time employment.
Resume Should Include The Following Information
- College address and permanent home address.
- Email address.
- Telephone number.
- The following regarding the degree you are currently pursuing:
- Name of college/university.
- Degree (For example, bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, or doctorate).
- Major and/or minor.
- Overall GPA.
- Major GPA.
- Date of intended graduation (Month and year).
Multiple locations across the US.
Relocation assistance not available.
FedEx Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetics disability, or protected Veteran status.
FedEx Services will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee, unless undue hardship or a direct threat would result from the accommodation. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.