Our full-time summer internship program starts in May or June and requires a 10 to 12 week commitment. This position is responsible for providing operational support for pooled vehicle, equity, fixed income, foreign exchange, futures, options, and swaps trading and position maintenance. This intern will work with client services, portfolio managers, traders, and other associates daily to deliver precise and scalable operational support.
Investment Operations is comprised of trade and portfolio support, with tasks including trade delivery, matching, settlement collateral, and reconciliation. This team supports over $1 trillion of principal traded across all asset classes on an annual basis. Investment Operations supports Americas-Institutional client portfolios and the Investment Division, specifically Russell Investments’ multi-manager, multi-asset, implementation services, and direct investment business lines.
The responsibilities of the individual in this position include:
- Daily communication with internal and external parties to ensure timely settlement of trading activity. Prompt resolution of issues when they are identified
- Reconciliation of positions between custodian banks, internal trading systems, and 3rd party vendors
- Evaluate and improve existing operational processes and procedures to reduce risk and increase efficiency
- Create workflow and procedures for the team to effectively process the trading strategies and activities associated with the implementation and support of new business initiatives
The successful candidate will have extensive demonstrable skills and experiences including the following:
- Working towards completion of a Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, or business administration at an accredited university
- Must be analytical, detail-oriented and precise with numbers
- Individual contributor and strong team player in a fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritize and complete multiple assignments under short deadlines
- Strong computer skills, including advanced proficiency with Excel and comfort with database applications. Knowledge of SQL and VBA code a plus but not required
- Ability to identify potential issues and promote efficient resolution. Set and pursue goals and demonstrate a commitment to organizational success
- Willingness and flexibility to work non-standard schedules associated with providing trading support across global markets
Equal Employment Opportunity
Russell Investments is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all associates and employment applicants regardless of race, religion, ancestry, creed, color, gender (including gender identity which refers to a person’s actual or perceived sex, and includes self-image, appearance, behavior or expression, whether or not different from that traditionally associated with a person’s biological sex), age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, past or present unemployment status , or any other characteristic protected by law.