Hyde Park Investment Services (HPIS)
Investor Relations Analyst
Hyde Park Investment Services (HPIS) is an investment research, M&A, LBO, business and data analytics services company for buy-side clients, such as private equity firms, strategic buyers, family offices, search funds, and other investors, as well as their portfolio companies and subsidiaries. We have a track record of over 10 years and $14 billion in closed transactions, as well as vast project experience in multiple business sectors that include energy, healthcare, industrial manufacturing, business services, software and IT, construction, real estate, and food & agriculture
About the internship
This internship is ideal for candidates interested in investor relations, investment marketing, and fund of funds careers. Our program is an opportunity to develop skills and experience in investor relations, global fundraising and marketing of investment products, and communications related to investment management. Interns get exposure to ongoing investment projects, origination of new investment opportunities, and analysis of investment performance under the supervision of experienced professionals. Interns collaborate with members of our team and receive meaningful feedback and guidance but are encouraged and expected to be independent and proactive.
As an investor relations intern, your responsibilities will include:
• Qualitative and quantitative tasks related to identifying and analyzing top investment managers and their portfolio performance;
• Communications with existing and potential investors globally with respect to investment banking, private equity, hedge fund, and other financial services;
• Review of business and professional media, analysis of market events, and discussion of new trends and opportunities with senior management;
• Preparation of investment marketing documents, communications with existing and potential clients and investment opportunities;
• Working directly with senior management on ad hoc opportunities in the intern’s chosen region of interest: Americas, EMEA, or Asia-Pacific.
• In addition, interns may be exposed to general research and analysis of industry trends, economic indicators, business and financial news & trends, and technology trends.
• Enrolled in or graduated from a bachelor’s or master’s program, focusing on Business/Economics/Science/Engineering is a plus, but all fields will be considered;
• Strong communication skills, including verbal and written English;
• Strong quantitative skills and proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint;
• Excellent research and analytical skills, problem solving attitude and ability;
• Desire to cultivate and contribute to a culture of learning, integrity, and entrepreneurship.
• The internship is unpaid
• Location: New York City, Boston, Los Angeles
• The internship is available onsite, but can also be done remotely