Website Speedway LLC
Speedway’s IT Department has over 100 individuals on various teams that work on thousands of projects company wide. Speedway provides ample opportunity for growth and development. There are various teams within the Data Analytics field and tons of opportunity for advancement and exploration. You will have access to managers of various agile and waterfall teams, as well as professional developers, architects, and project managers working together in our multiple environments.
About The Program
The goal of our IT Intern/Co-Op program is to expose an intern to different agile teams within our organization, provide opportunity to work with multiple teams on project requests, and foster technical skills that will serve well as a full-time Speedway employee upon graduation.
- Familiar with advanced analytics tools, e.g., R, Python
- Demonstrated expertise with Word, Excel, and other MS Office suite applications
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to present information in a clear and concise manner
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to research and problem solve
- Demonstrated pattern recognition and predictive modeling skills
- Knowledge of relational and non-relational databases
- Strong business acumen and statistical knowledge
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to lead and work on cross-functional teams
- Well organized with the ability to work under pressures and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent time management skills; ability to multi-task and track multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to perform repeated bending, standing and reaching
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 40 pounds
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Able to live and work near corporate headquarters in the Dayton, Ohio area for the duration of the internship experience.