Website McCormick & Company
McCormick & Company, Incorporated is seeking a full-time IT Intern- Business Transformation in our corporate headquarters located at Hunt Valley, MD. This is a 10-week internship (June 2021 – August 2021) which requires 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday.
To Stand Together for the Future of Flavor
At McCormick, you’ll join us in “Saving the World From Boring Food” and fulfill your desire to be a part of something bigger than yourself. Employees throughout our global corporation are united by two things – a passion for flavor and driving results. People are drawn to McCormick because of a culture that challenges them to reach their full potential.
Our 10 week Summer Internship Program in Hunt Valley, MD allows college students to get a glimpse into what it’s like to be a part of the McCormick family – rich in flavor, culture, and employee empowerment.
During your time as an Intern you will sharpen your leadership skills, work on real-world challenges, and collaborate with the best leaders in the industry. You will also have the opportunity to network with executives, participate in social events with other interns, and give back to the community. We are looking for the next generation of problem solvers to drive change within McCormick. Are you up for the challenge?
McCormick has embarked on a journey to TRANSFORM our business – to align and simplify our global process to achieve our growth ambitions. Over the past 3 years, McCormick has organized ourselves around strategic end-to-end workstreams that work in concert with each other, as well as global business owners, to develop and deploy global standards that are scalable – regionally adopted and locally executed. McCormick is looking to add energetic and ambitious talent to help us unlock value working directly with our Global Process Owners.
Work with our Global Process Owners to assess relevant industry trends and identify business requirements to help us successfully build capabilities and solutions to meet our long term Functional and Transformational objectives
Demonstrate continuous learning in industry best practices areas including (but not limited to) Procurement, Integrated Business Planning, Distribution and Manufacturing. With these skills the candidate will contribute positively to the advancement of process design, documentation and execution.
Leverage technologies such as: SAP BW/4HANA (other SAP products as needed), Microsoft Azure and Tableau. He/She will work in various systems including, but not limited to, SAP, Tableau, Microsoft – to enable more efficient use of data and technology to help simplify functional and global processes, under the guidance of the GPO.
Will work with our Business Transformation Center of Expertise, participate in understanding, defining and/or developing insights for various global business functions.
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year undergraduate program with degree completion between December 2021 – May 2022
- Pursuing degree in supply chain, business, strategic planning, sales/marketing, finance – or other technical field provided the candidate brings enthusiasm and willingness to learn true end to end business processes.
- Grade point average overall minimum of 3.0
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work across teams and geographies
- Ability to visualize results and present to peers and business partners
- Ability to use data insights to drive/influence decision making and growth
- Curiosity to learn and define new processes – including fundamental reporting and transaction requirements
- Eager to understand broad, strategic and end-to end business processes.
- This would involve both process and technology
- This would involve both technical skills as well as leadership, influence and innovative skills.