Ipsos North America
300 Corporate Pointe, Suite 500, Culver City, CA 90320, Culver City, CA
Ipsos is the world’s third largest market research company, present in 90 markets and employing more than 18,000 people. Our passionately curious research professionals, analysts and scientists have built unique multi-specialist capabilities that provide true understanding and powerful insights into the actions, opinions and motivations of citizens, consumers, patients, customers or employees. We serve more than 5000 clients across the world with 75 business solutions.
Founded in France in 1975, Ipsos is listed on the Euronext Paris since July 1st, 1999. The company is part of the SBF 120 and the Mid-60 index and is eligible for the Deferred Settlement Service (SRD).
ISIN code FR0000073298, Reuters ISOS.PA, Bloomberg IPS:FP www.ipsos.com
About Media Development
The Media Development group at Ipsos has the exciting responsibility of being a trusted partner to the largest media & tech companies in the world as we help solve client business issues through research and insights. Within Media Development, the Content and Audience Measurement team guides clients from the worlds of TV, streaming video, music, gaming, sports and more in the creation of content; helps them gage the consumer’s relationship with their brands; and provides insights for helping them connect with those consumers.
Title: Junior Data Scientist
The Junior Data Scientist will be part of a team focused on analyzing survey data related to attitudes toward and consumption of media to develop a deeper understanding of today’s media consumers. This includes the development of analytic products and data visualizations for end clients. Duties include the transformation of data, execution of statistical analyses and reporting of results.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant major (Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, etc.)
- 2 years of hands-on experience in large-scale data analysis
- Strength in identifying and interpreting patterns in data
- Knowledge of R and/or Python
- Knowledge of common statistical analyses (such as Principal Component Analysis, Trade Off Analyses, various approaches to Cluster Analysis, Factor Analysis)
- Understanding of Machine Learning approaches to Data Analysis (such as Penalized Regression, Bayesian Modeling)
- Willingness to learn
- An interest in the worlds of Media. Entertainment, or Advertising
- Familiarity with the tidyverse and ggplot2, D3, or equivalents
- Ability to work in SPSS
- Ability to work in a relatively independent manner
Ipsos is An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other protected class and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.