Hyde Park Investment Services (HPIS)
Management Consulting Analyst
Hyde Park Investment Services (HPIS) is an investment research, M&A, LBO, business and data analytics services company for buy-side clients, such as private equity firms, strategic buyers, family offices, search funds, and other investors, as well as their portfolio companies and subsidiaries. We have a track record of over 10 years and $14 billion in closed transactions, as well as vast project experience in multiple business sectors that include energy, healthcare, industrial manufacturing, business services, software and IT, construction, real estate, and food & agriculture
About the internship
This internship is ideal for candidates interested in management consulting careers. Our program is an opportunity to help entrepreneurs and senior management of businesses identify and implement operational and strategic initiatives. Interns get exposure to real consulting projects under the supervision of experienced professionals and develop practical skills by analyzing company data and performance, market parameters, forecasting trends, writing and presenting findings for decision-makers. Interns collaborate with members of our team and receive meaningful feedback and guidance but are encouraged and expected to be independent and proactive.
As a management consulting intern, your responsibilities will include:
• Qualitative and quantitative tasks related to identifying and solving financial, operational, strategic, technological, and other business challenges of existing portfolio companies, potential growth areas, as well as broad industry problems;
• Analysis of companies’ products, operations, market position, market share, industry trends, competitive analysis, five forces analysis, business and data analytics, exploration of mergers & acquisitions and add-on acquisition opportunities, synergies, new product or service launches, etc. to increase value, brand recognition, profitability, revenue growth, and “triple bottom line” results;
• Research of demographic, economic, and technological trends and preparation of strategy reports for discussion with management;
• Preparation of reports based on analytical tasks that visualize data, conclusions, and recommendations and address the business challenges of the company or industry;
• In addition, interns may be exposed to general research and analysis of industry trends, economic indicators, business and financial news & trends, and technology trends.
• Enrolled in or graduated from a bachelor’s or master’s program, focusing on Business/Economics/Science/Engineering is a plus, but all fields will be considered;
• Strong communication skills, including verbal and written English;
• Strong quantitative skills and proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint;
• Excellent research and analytical skills, problem solving attitude and ability;
• Desire to cultivate and contribute to a culture of learning, integrity, and entrepreneurship.
• The internship is unpaid
• Location: New York City, Boston, Los Angeles
• The internship is available onsite, but can also be done remotely