Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquare’s platform includes Attribution, Audience, Pinpoint, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Visits. As the industry’s first and only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions — those that exist today and those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date, building a phone’s-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About The Role
We’re seeking an independent, efficient, and hard-working intern who genuinely enjoys helping others. A successful team member is an avid user of our apps, an excellent written communicator, and a natural problem solver. As a part of the Product & Data Support team, you will be on the frontline of both internal and external support, providing white glove service to our worldwide community of over 55 million users, merchants, and Superusers, as well as our internal engineering teams.
You will also play a vital role in ensuring high-quality data across our venues database and priority venue chains. Through manual evaluations, ad hoc financial analyses, polygon creation, and the production of training sets for our various machine-learning models, interns serve as the human/non-programmatic wing of the Venues team – one that is key in achieving quarterly objectives and goals.
This is a paid, 40 hr/wk, 4-month internship [expected to begin in Feb 2021 and end May/June 2021] located at our headquarters the Flatiron District in NYC. While there are no guaranteed full-time opportunities available after the 4 month period, former interns from our Product & Data Support team have gone on to full-time positions at dynamic tech companies. This is a great way to get your foot in the door into the tech scene!
- Respond to support requests
- Escalate potential product issues
- Assist with new business on-boarding
- Curate and vet popular venues in our database to help ensure users have access to highly-personalized recommendations
- Beta version QA testing for both of our consumer apps
- Using internal tooling, manually create polygons for prioritized venues and venue chains
- Research/Review recent financial reports for our prioritized venue chains
- Analyze and determine current estimated venue coverage for prioritized venue chains
- Deep dives on specific chains to validate venue-level firmographic data accuracy
- Harmonize our venues with one of our many outside data sources
- Create training sets for our machine learning models
- Support ad hoc analyses for large partners, e.g. Apple, Uber, hedge funds
- Perform QA evaluations for various outputs of Venue Data Pipeline
- Strong work ethic and acute attention to detail
- Efficient and effective online research skills
- Familiarity with Google Maps & Street View
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A careful eye to help identify, troubleshoot, and report bugs
- A passionate Foursquare and/or Swarm user
- Experience with OS X, Excel, Google Apps
- Bonus: Prior experience with Zendesk, Jira or Asana, SQL, in Customer Service or Hospitality
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.