Description & Requirements
PARC, a Xerox company, is in the Business of Breakthroughs®. Practicing open innovation, we provide custom R&D services, technology, expertise, best practices, and intellectual property to Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, startups, and government agencies and partners. We create new business options, accelerate time to market, augment internal capabilities, and reduce risk for our clients. Since its inception, PARC has pioneered many technology platforms – from the Ethernet and laser printing to the GUI and ubiquitous computing – and has enabled the creation of many industries. Incorporated as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox in 2002, PARC today continues the research that enables breakthroughs for our clients’ businesses.
PARC is offering a Research Internship opportunity in the areas of uncertainty quantification, physics-based material and process characterization, machine learning, and artificial intelligence. Exceptional graduate students with a solid grasp of fundamental (theoretical and computational) aspects are encouraged to apply.
- Develop viable solutions to scientific research problems, that can be executed within the span of internship (e.g., three months).
- Develop good quality code (e.g., C++ or Python) with proper documentation.
- Contribute to conference or journal papers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Engineering, Applied Math, Physics, or related discipline.
- At least one year of academic research experience as a Graduate/Research Assistant in an ongoing higher-education (Master’s or Ph.D.) program.
- A strong background in mathematics, engineering, and programming – familiarity with at least one high-level programming language is required.
- Eagerness to learn new technologies, apply academic techniques to solve real-world problems, develop new ideas into software products.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity or expression, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. Learn more at www.xerox.com and explore our commitment to diversity and inclusion! People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
© 2020 Xerox Corporation. All rights reserved. Xerox® and Xerox and Design® are trademarks of Xerox Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
- Electrical & Electronic Manufacturing
- Information Technology & Services
- Computer Software