Bristol Myers Squibb
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The candidate will learn to provide statistical programming support for clinical studies, learn to program CDISC datasets (SDTM/ADaM) and report the statistical study results with Tables, Listings and Figures. Perform quality process (QC) for datasets and tables, as well as other supporting activities for statistical programming group (ex. support programming for data visualization). Working with the different statistical programming teams, the candidate will also learn working in a team and interacting with the multiple stakeholders of Research & Development life cycle.
The Summer Intern, assisting the statistical programming function will be expected to learn how to:
- Develop, review, validate SAS programs to generate Datasets, Tables, Figures and Listings.
- Support review of datasets specification (SDTM/ADAM) following the industry standards (CDISC) and related documents based on CRF, SAP and TFL shells.
- Understand Company SOPs and relevant industry’s standards
- Support implementation of tools to facilitate the data visualization (R-Shiny, Python)
- Support implementation of data exploration analysis (using R)
- Prepare final presentation to statistical programming group.
Qualifications & Experience
- Current enrollment in pursuit of BS in Computer Science, Life Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering
- Internship program will run for 10-12 weeks.
- Available to work up to 40 hours/week during normal business hours during intern.
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Good verbal communication skills, ability to write clearly and effectively.
- Knowledge of R/R-Shiny or Python is preferred.
- Knowledge of SAS language, procedures, and options for clinical trial data and reporting including BASE SAS, Macro language, SAS/STAT and SAS/Graph is preferred.
- Professional, proactive demeanor.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Be authorized to work in the US or corresponding region.
- Must not be employed at the time the internship starts.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
- Marketing & Advertising
- Human Resources
- Hospital & Health Care