Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
In the AR/VR organization, we’re building the next generation of devices and experiences that make people feel closer. This includes Oculus and Portal products, AR and VR software and content, and research and development labs.
To help us accomplish this, the AR/VR Marketing Strategy & Operations team (MS&O) is seeking a Marketing Strategy & Planning Lead to contribute to strategic initiatives across AR/VR Marketing. S/he will be responsible for a variety of work streams across business critical topics, with the objective of driving effective, analytically driven and strategic decision-making for the org. S/he will have a strong business intuition to guide their analysis, and work both independently and cross-functionally with finance, operations, analytics partners.
The Marketing Strategy & Planning Lead is passionate about technology, social media and marketing, is process/detail-oriented and has exceptional analytical, organizational and communication skills. S/he must be able to succeed in a fast-paced, often-ambiguous, often-changing environment and be able to thrive in and work with cross-functional teams. The ideal candidate is an mid-career management consultant, finance or data analyst looking to broaden their skill set in a tremendous learning environment with a rapidly scaling consumer marketing team. This is a great opportunity to learn how we develop, ship and market products in emerging consumer electronics categories, and to be a part of our growth story. This is a full-time position based in Menlo Park, reporting into the Marketing Strategy & Planning Manager.
- Lead and build the strategic marketing, planning and operations processes to support the AR/VR marketing organization.
- Manage day-to-day operational needs of the AR/VR marketing organization, which includes interfacing with finance regarding budgeting and forecasting, working with marketers regarding campaign flight calendar, partnering with the marketing leaders on annual plans and H-plans, and other duties as assigned.
- Partner with Decision Science to constantly improve how we evaluate the impact of our marketing. This includes driving campaign consistency, creating methodological rigor, KPI alignment and campaign efficacy and efficiency.
- Lead planning including goals and prioritization for the groups, learnings to date, best practices across the organization, headcount planning and budget allocation etc.
- Lead projects with marketing leaders to optimize our org structure and overall organization health (e.g., role clarity between groups and interaction models between groups). Additionally, this person will own projects that help scale the organization and drive programs to foster better team culture.
- Project manage AR/VR Marketing processes include internal communications (Q&A, All-Hands, posts or email update etc.), business updates (Business reviews, bi-annual management team updates etc.) and resource allocations. Own the integrated marketing calendar to drive budget and resource allocations.
- Own and operate the rhythm of AR/VR marketing and executive meetings including but not limited to: agenda, follow-up actions, notes, etc.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent marketing experience
- 5+ years of experience in management consulting supporting marketing functions in internet and/or consumer technology vertical
- Analytical and problem-solving experience
- Project management experience
- Experience in working cross-functionally across disciplines and levels
- Experience in SQL, Tableau, PowerBI, Excel other data/planning applications
- Experience working with marketing, product or technical organizations
- Management consulting experience and experience working in a marketing organization for a consumer technology brand