Title: 2021 Summer Intern – AI Researcher
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Lab: Artificial Intelligence Center
Location: Mountain View, CA
The Artificial Intelligence Center (AIC) at Samsung Research America (SRA), located in Mountain View, CA, is looking for an outstanding and highly self-motivated summer research interns. We are looking for candidates with expertise in deep learning, computer vision and language understanding, with research experience in the following areas: large-scale visual recognition and detection, image generation, video understanding, deep learning, deep model compression, NLP. The candidate will work with a team of research scientists and engineers tackling real-world problems involving Samsung’s Artificial intelligence products. The candidate can also have the opportunity to publish at top-tier conferences in deep learning, computer vision and language understanding. As a research engineer, you will be involved in very promising team projects with talented people at Samsung. You will benefit a lot by working in a fun and creative environment. AIC is a key part of Samsung’s global R&D effort and aims to have direct impact on future Samsung products reaching hundreds of millions of users worldwide.
- Currently enrolled Ph.D program with focus on computer vision, NLP and deep learning or related fields.
- Experience with various libraries and platforms in computer vision, NLP, deep learning, and machine learning.
- Strong algorithmic problem solving skills, and the ability to implement solutions in C/C++, Python, Java, etc.
- Experiences in publishing scientific papers in top quality conferences/journals (CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, WACV, FG, BMVC, NIPS, ICML, AAAI, IJCAI, etc) are also necessary.
- Experience working with GPUs and parallel programming (HPC and/or big-data platforms) is a plus
- Experience in DL library with strong hands on experience in at least one (preferably two) of them is required.
- Ability to work as a team, motivation for international collaboration, strong communication skills, self-motivated, proactive, flexible and passionate about learning
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment and self-motivated.
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.