At Verizon Media, we connect people to their passions. With brands like Yahoo, TechCrunch and more, we help people stay informed and entertained, communicate and transact while creating new ways for advertisers and partners to connect. From XR experiences to advertising and content technology, Verizon Media is an incubator of innovation and is revolutionizing the next generation of content creation in a 5G world.
This internship position will be fully remote. Since location is not relevant, you can be based from anywhere domestically in the U.S. during your internship.
You are a bright, creative college student eager to support and be a part of the Yahoo Finance editorial and video teams. You have a passion for learning and a love of media, with particular interest in news, finance and journalism. You are professional and hardworking, with superior organization and time management skills. You’re ready to work in a fast-paced ‘virtual’ newsroom. You’ll work on a variety of projects with all members of our team, including writers, editors and video producers.
Your Possible Responsibilities May Include
- attend team’s editorial meetings
- conduct research and reporting for the Yahoo Finance editorial team
- pitch, report and write your own articles and/or scripts
- help with social media promotion and production
- proofread and fact check scripts and articles
- assist video producers on field shoots
- research and book video guests
- working toward a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- prior journalism experience at local (can be a student publication) or national media outlet
- passion for current events, journalism, and finance
- experience with content management systems and social media
- familiarity with Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok and other social media
Verizon Media is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Verizon Media is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form ( https://www.verizonmedia.com/careers/contact-us.html ) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion ( https://www.verizon.com/about/careers/work-culture ) page to learn more.
Currently work for Verizon Media? Please apply on our internal career site.
- Marketing & Advertising
- Computer Software