MentorX Corp. is hiring a Senior Software Engineer (Machine learning/NLP), located in Irvine, CA.
In the 21st century, technologies are changing the world faster than ever in the human history. Our current education system that was created two centuries ago is not keeping up. New learning methodology must be employed to prepare the new generation for tomorrow’s job requirements. Innovation is unprecedentedly becoming the main driving force for productivity and the key element for solving the ever growing problems on our planet.
To fulfill such a demand, individuals must be taught to become more creative and productive. The only way we can make the world better and more sustainable is to empower and inspire each individual. MentorX is a dynamic and fast growing online education company with an important mission. We set out to solve a critical problem that hinders the college students today.
- Involvement at all stages of the software development cycle, including designing and developing significant new architectural systems and improvements
- Develop, implement, test and integrate text minging and processing (NLP) and data analysis algorithms to provide innovative solutions
- Interpret and analyze data to discover insights and hidden information to guide business decision
- Contributing to team discussions around system component design, improvement and integration
- Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
- Strong desire to work as a core member of a startup company and to build a successful product with a strong impact on the industry.
- Practical experience in variety of applied machine learning, information retrieval, data mining, statistics, NLP or related techniques
- MS/Ph.D in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 2+ years of industry experience.
- Analytical abilities and proven design skills.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non-technical peers
- Experience in Text mining, topic modeling and clustering, Entity tagging and related tools
- Experience with popular Machine learning tools kit, like Tensorflow, Mxnet and etc.
- Experience of SQL databases (MySQL and/or PostgreSQL) .
- Development experience defining, developing and maintaining web service API's
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.