Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Summer Intern for 2021 in our Cambridge, MA, office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
Takeda’s summer internship program blends real world experience with an extensive overview of the pharmaceutical industry. Knowledgeable mentors will provide guidance as you gain professional hands-on experience. The summer internship program is 12 weeks in length and offers a unique perspective into a world-class pharmaceutical company. Compensation is competitive, and financed temporary housing is available to those who qualify. Our internship program also provides you the opportunity to network with people at Takeda through various planned events and activities.
- Work with Digital Strategy Leads (DSLs) in the Data Sciences Institute (DSI) to assess, validate, and implement digital solutions
- Familiarity with wearable devices, ability to install and setup applications on mobile phones, ability to download / collate data.
- Experience in each of the following MS Office applications
- MS Outlook – Proficient
- MS Word – Proficient
- MS Excel – Proficient
- MS PowerPoint – Proficient
- Some formal data analysis training, preferably with Matlab / R/ Python / etc… is highly desirable
- Must be deadline driven and have a high level of organizational and planning skills
- The ideal candidate exhibits strong analytical, problem-solving, and oral and written communication skills; he or she also possesses the ability to work well in teams, effectively manage multiple projects, and present ideas clearly and concisely
Education, Behavioral Competencies And Skills
- Applicants must be enrolled in a U.S. accredited university for the semester before and immediately following the internship.
- Applicants must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree and have completed at least their sophomore year or be a graduate level student pursuing a PhD or Master’s degree
- Major in Engineering, Computer science, Data science, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physics, Public Health, Epidemiology field is preferred.
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate good interpersonal skills and curiosity in how technology can be applied to solve problems related to healthcare, medicine, or pharmaceuticals.
Location and Salary Information
- This job posting excludes CO applicants.
Intern pay rate ranges are from $18/hour to $45/hour, depending on students level in their undergraduate or graduate program and level professional experience.
Paid Intern (Fixed Term) (Trainee)