We are looking for a highly motivated advanced analytics intern to drive insight for key business stakeholders, across our internal functional areas. This role will be integral in building our advanced analytics toolset. Working in tandem with our BI Analysts & Operations teams, this position will work to build scalable tooling that provides proactive impact analysis and adds automation to our advanced analytic stack.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a strong interest in business and an affinity for how organizational goals and data come together to support a growing company. Bring your data science skills and come help us solve some of our most challenging and important business problems.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business decisions & business process optimization.
- Act as a key contributor in providing advanced analytics (predictive and prescriptive) and recommendations to our business stakeholders, with a core focus on improving our ability to systematically determine key drivers of a complex business.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, marketing spend and other business outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Provide clear visualizations and present analyses to management and executive-level stakeholders, using Business Intelligence tools and predictive analytics to drive key decisions
- Provide recommendations to Business Intelligence leadership on best practices and the continual improvement in advanced analytics at Rapid7
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree candidate in Computer Science, Business Analytics, Data Science or related technical field (min. GPA of 3.0) with prior technical internship or data science experience.
- Experience using R, Python, and SQL to manipulate data and draw insights from large, diverse data sets.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data using: matplotlib, ggplot, rShiny, Tableau, etc.
- Must be a fast learner with high attention to detail and possess a passion for data, data quality & business analytics
- Must have excellent communication & interpersonal skills, utilizing data to tell a story
- Self-motivated and accountable; able to take direction and manage prioritization of work
- Results-oriented and collaborative; able to work independently as well as part of a team