JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Creating a diverse team is a critical part of our success. We’re looking for people from all backgrounds and perspectives to help us grow and position our businesses for the future. In an effort to achieve broad representation, we have designed a program to attract students who self- identify as Black or African American.
Our Advancing Black Pathways Early Insights Program seeks to provide Black undergraduate students with a first-hand look at what it’s like to work at a leading financial services firm by offering training and networking events, earlier consideration for internships and the opportunity to receive a financial award for successful candidates that receive an offer.
Working here means joining a collaborative, supportive team. We want your diverse perspective to help us innovate the next wave of products and solutions for our clients. We will give you the tools to succeed through training and networking with senior leaders and other talented individuals.
What to expect?
We will be offering an event for specific Lines of Business. The dates for each line of business event has not yet been finalized, but we anticipate that they will take place in April. Through training and networking at the event, you will gain a better understanding of our firm and how to have a successful career here. You will have an opportunity to learn more deeply about summer internship programs offered in our various Lines of Business, including Asset & Wealth Management (AWM), Commercial Banking (CB), Corporate Strategy & General Management, and Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB). You will also learn about an opportunity for a financial award. Applications for summer internships open on April 1, 2021 in the following Lines of Business and locations:
- Asset & Wealth Management
- Asset Management Clients(Chicago, New York, San Francisco)
- Asset Management Product(Cincinnati, Columbus, New York)
- Wealth Management U.S. Private Bank(Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Fort Worth, Greenwich, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, New Orleans, New York, Orange County, Palm Beach, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Seattle, Summit, Washington D.C.)
- Wealth Management LATAM Private Bank(Houston, Miami, New York)
- Wealth Management Solutions(New York)
- Commercial Banking
- Middle Market Banking & Specialized Industries (MMBSI)(New York, Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Bloomfield Hills, Houston, Indianapolis, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Washington D.C.)
- Corporate Client Banking & Specialized Industries (CCBSI)(Atlanta, Charlotte, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco)
- Commercial Real Estate (CRE)(Chicago, Dallas, Irvine, Los Angeles, New York, Palo Alto)
- Commercial Banking Innovation Development Program (IDP)(Chicago, New York, Palo Alto, Plano)
- Corporate Strategy & General Management
- Corporate Analyst Development Program (CADP)(Chicago, Columbus, Dallas/Plano, Jersey City, Tampa, Wilmington/Newark
- Chase Leadership Development Program (CLDP)(Columbus, Dallas/Plano, Jersey City, Wilmington/Newark)
- Global Finance and Business Management (GF&BM)(Chicago, Columbus, Dallas/Plano, Jersey City, Wilmington/Newark)
- Human Resources (HR)(Columbus, Dallas/Plano, Wilmington/Newark)
- Internal Audit (IA) – 2 tracks(Chicago, Columbus, Dallas/Plano, Jersey City, Wilmington/Newark)
- Business track
- Technology track
- Corporate & Investment Bank
- Investment Banking(Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco)
- Sales (Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, New York)
- Trading (New York)
- Structuring & Origination (Chicago, New York)
- Research (New York)
- Risk(Houston, New York, Plano)
- Wholesale Payments & Corporate Banking(New York)
Who We Are Seeking
If you’re highly motivated and enjoy working in teams to come up with innovative solutions, this program is for you. We welcome applications from all majors who have an interest in financial services.
- Attentive to detail
- Eager to learn and develop
- Strong collaboration skills
- Ability to think critically and analyze data
- Basic understanding of financial services
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Fluency in English
- Authorization to work permanently in the U.S.
- Expected graduation date of December 2022 – Spring 2023
Advancing Black Pathways is one of many early insights programs and recruiting opportunities that we offer at the Firm. Please visit our website to learn about other programs, internships and general career opportunities that JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers students.
About The Process
To be considered for the Advancing Black Pathways Early Insights Program, you must register to participate in one of the Line of Business events no later than Monday April 5, 2021. When you register, you will have the opportunity to indicate your preferred Lines of Business and be considered for invitations to events held by those Lines of Business. Students will be invited on a rolling basis according to space limitations.
If you attend the Early Insights Program Line of Business event and are successful in the respective Line of Business internship application process, you may be eligible for a financial award. For earlier consideration for our internship opportunities and the opportunity for a financial award, we hope you register and apply to internships of interest when applications open on April 1, 2021.
We strongly encourage that you register for the Line of Business event(s) of interest as soon as possible and submit your application to internship positions.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that respects all people for their unique skills, backgrounds and professional experiences. We strive to hire qualified, diverse candidates, and we will provide reasonable accommodations for known disabilities.
Visit jpmorganchase.com/careers for upcoming events, career advice, our locations and more.
©2021 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Investment banking is about more than offering industry-leading advice and financial expertise. Teams serve clients by building long-term, trusted partnerships that put their needs first. The world’s largest corporations, institutions and governments rely on the in-depth industry knowledge and market insights provided, knowing their goals are our top priority.
- Information Technology & Services
- Computer Software
- Financial Services