Hyde Park Investment Services (HPIS)
Algorithmic Trading Analyst
Hyde Park Investment Services (HPIS) is an investment research, M&A, LBO, business and data analytics services company for buy-side clients, such as private equity firms, strategic buyers, family offices, search funds, and other investors, as well as their portfolio companies and subsidiaries. We have a track record of over 10 years and $14 billion in closed transactions, as well as vast project experience in multiple business sectors that include energy, healthcare, industrial manufacturing, business services, software and IT, construction, real estate, and food & agriculture
About the internship
This internship is ideal for candidates interested in stock trading careers. Our program is an opportunity to participate in the development of trading algorithms and construction of diversified portfolios that meet target investment criteria. Interns get exposure to strategy research, equity research, algorithm development, back-testing, and portfolio management under supervision of experienced professionals and develop practical skills by analyzing stock market and economic data, company and industry information, and leading trading methodologies. Interns collaborate with our team and receive meaningful feedback and guidance, but are encouraged and expected to be independent and proactive.
As a trading intern, your responsibilities will cover all stages of the investment process:
• Strategy: research, identification, and development of investment opportunities based on macroeconomic trends, market events, and trading activity; preparation of simulations, reports, and models related to investment strategy; research of leading algorithms, methods, and software stacks;
• Algorithm development: code-driven and no-code algorithm development and back-testing, launching live research and investment portfolios, monitoring performance of live and simulated strategies and identifying necessary checks, improvements, and analyzing performance results;
• Fundamental and quantitative research of individual stocks and portfolios to support strategy and algorithm development;
• Monitoring market activity and live portfolios, auditing trading results, and preparing performance reports that include observations and recommendations for discussion with senior management;
• In addition, interns may be exposed to general research and analysis of industry trends, economic indicators, financial news & trends, and technology trends.
• Enrolled in or graduated from a bachelor’s or master’s program, focusing on Business/Economics/Science/Engineering is a plus, but all fields will be considered;
• Strong communication skills, including verbal and written English;
• Strong quantitative skills and proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint;
• Excellent research and analytical skills, problem solving attitude and ability;
• Desire to cultivate and contribute to a culture of learning, integrity, and entrepreneurship.
• The internship is unpaid
• Location: New York City, Boston, Los Angeles
• The internship is available onsite, but can also be done remotely