Sony Corporation of America, located in New York, NY , is the U.S. headquarters of Sony Corporation, based in Tokyo, Japan. Sony’s principal U.S. businesses include Sony Electronics Inc., Sony Mobile Communications (USA) Inc., Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC., Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., Sony Music Entertainment, and Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC. With some 900 million Sony devices in hands and homes worldwide today, a vast array of Sony movies, television shows and music, and the PlayStation Network, Sony creates and delivers more entertainment experiences to more people than anyone else on earth. To learn more: www.sony.com .
Sony Corporation of America, GISC based out of Culver City, LA, is seeking an intern focused on the America regions supporting the team in efforts related to data analysis, customer training, product management and a wide range of projects with both a domestic and international focus. This is a long term internship opportunity that can be based anywhere in the country. This role will Work From Home and is expected to work full time during the summer and a minimum of 20 hours during the school year.
The intern will need to learn a variety of Office 365 products such as (Microsoft Teams, Stream, OneDrive, SharePoint) as they will be helping with:
- Conducting and lead Training Sessions for end users for Office 365 and their suite of products
- Answer Product Questions posed by end users, Legal, Privacy, or Information Security departments within Sony
- Create the end user documentation in order to support the adoption of these Office 365 tools
- Contribute to the development of a communications strategy to ensure that key Stakeholders are aware of the changes to Office 365 products
- Ensure successful saturation of Office 365 changes by working with the appropriate teams such as, help desk, change management and others
- Assist with an Audio Conferencing & Voice project and support the areas of data analysis, documentation of requirements, testing and end user support.
- Comfortability with supporting a variety of teams across regions and different Sony Operating companies (network, telecom, Legal, Privacy, Information Security, Global Office 365).
- Assist with understanding key stakeholders’ needs for Product feature requests and documenting those to ensure these are met (product roadmap prioritization, requirements gathering, impact to business).
- Self-Starter: Does not need to be told what to do. Takes initiative and conducts research on their own
- Strong Communication skills: Articulate and can lead large meetings & training sessions for individuals around the world. Is able to answer questions directly and efficiently, and if they do not know the answer they research to find it.
- Strong Work Ethic: Comfortable taking ownership of a task, and working with multiple groups (technical operations, legal, governance, information security, product owners) to complete a task.
- Analytical: Is able to either do or learn how to analyze data and provide solutions based on what the data is representing
- Previous relevant internship experience strongly preferred
- A minimum GPA of 3.0
- All candidates must be enrolled in a degree seeking program
- Experience with data visualization or the use of automation is a plus
- All candidates must be authorized to work in the US
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, military status, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or family status, genetic information, medical condition, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation.
Disability Accommodation for Applicants to Sony Corporation of America
Sony Corporation of America provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. For reasonable accommodation requests, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: Sony Corporation of America, Human Resources Department, 25 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10010. Please indicate the position you are applying for.