UPS is seeking an energetic and dynamic Automation Deployment Intern to join our Plant Engineering team during the upcoming semester. If you’re looking for an exciting opportunity to gain real-world, hands-on business experience, we want to hear from you!
The Plant Engineering Automation Deployment intern contributes to the improvement of currently deployed automated sorters and AGVs (Automated-Guided-Vehicles) across UPS network. The ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent MySQL and Microsoft office suite (Excel) skills. He/She must also possess interpersonal skills to operate across UPS functions and vendors
Responsibilities And Duties
- Develop and maintain weekly automated sorter performance report.
- Develop and maintain weekly AGV performance report.
- Maintain and meet project schedules
- Collaborate with multiple engineering disciplines to improve performance of automated equipment
- Facilitate in remote testing process of automated sorters.
Knowledge And Skills
- Excellent written and oral communications, and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Must have basic MySQL skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to distinguish between “big picture” concepts and detailed facts, while ensuring tasks are completed accurately and with appropriate level of detail to impact end goals
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law