The Aflac Benefits Advisor works directly with business owners to deliver voluntary, health care and other benefits for their employees. It’s a key role from a well-known brand that helps owners ensure their employees can receive direct cash benefits (unless assigned otherwise) should covered medical events occur.
- Generating new business opportunities through company leads, networking, referrals and calls
- Conducting meetings with employers to customize programs to help meet their benefits needs
- Engaging and enrolling interested employees in plans
- Continuing to service employer customers through ongoing consultation on topics regarding new benefits options, the latest benefits trends, ACA updates, etc.
- Minimum of 1 year sales or customer service experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Must perform well in high-energy, dynamic and team-oriented environments
- High School Diploma/GED; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- The opportunity to sell the No. 1 provider of individual voluntary insurance products at the worksite in the U.S. (Eastbridge Consulting Group. “U.S. Voluntary/Worksite Sales Report: Carrier Results July 2019.)
- Flexible schedules, no holidays or weekends
- A generous stock bonus plan and the opportunity to earn additional financial incentives, awards and exotic trips
- Access to comprehensive, ongoing training (in the classroom and the field) – aided by proven education materials and sales automation technology
- Broad portfolio of plans and services that allow you to help business owners and employees find policies that meet their needs
Benefit Advisors are independent agents and are not employees of Aflac.
Aflac herein refers to American Family Life Assurance Company of Columbus and/or American Family Life Assurance Company of New York and/or Continental American Insurance Company and/ or Continental American Life Insurance Company.