Website Rock Central
- Experience with SQL, SSIS, SSRS or SSMS
- Work done with Spark, PySpark and HDFS tools like Apache Hive
- Experience with data warehousing and building ETL packages
- Work completed toward a bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, information systems or business intelligence or 4 years of equivalent practical experience
- Experience designing and supporting database and table schemas for new and evolving sources of data
- Comfort manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
- Ability to be a team player
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise and actionable manner
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL
- Experience with AWS, S3, EC2 and Lambdas
- Work completed toward a master’s degree or Ph.D. in a relevant technical field (e.g., computer science, computer systems engineering, information systems)
- Extensive experience solving analytics problems using quantitative approaches
- Proven passion for generating insights from data
- Strong knowledge of statistical methods generally and particularly in the areas of modeling and business analytics
The Big Data Engineer Intern works closely with team members to help ensure the stability, usability and scalability of the big data platforms, while also assisting team members with platform monitoring and process creation.
- Build distributed processes to transform data
- Create database schemas to store, query and transform large datasets
- Monitor and troubleshoot performance and scalability issues in a large-scale data storage environment, including adding resources, improving existing processes and adapting solutions for additional scalability
- Follow the design principles and best practices defined by the team for big data techniques and architecture
- Dig into data integrity issues in the big data platforms and coordinate with other team members to help fix them
Who We Are
Rock Central is recruiting for 20+ businesses in the Rock Family of Companies for summer 2021 internships. Interns can expect to gain hands-on experience, learn how it feels to be in the workplace, participate in professional development opportunities and become a valuable member of a team.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.