DOES THE PROSPECT OF JOINING AN ENTREPRENEURIAL, PRIVATELY HELD BUSINESS THAT IS GROWING AT +20% EACH YEAR EXCITE YOU?
IF SO, PLEASE READ ON!
For over 60 years, the world’s largest shippers have trusted ConData, headquartered in the Chicago South Suburbs, with their freight post audit service. ConData saves global shippers money on their transportation costs with the industry’s only worldwide post audit across all modes of transportation (TL, LTL, Dedicated, Intermodal, Rail, Ocean, Air, and Small Parcel). Over the last two years, ConData has reinvested in its people and its proprietary technology. As a result, more shippers are discovering why over a quarter of the Fortune 100 work with us to reduce costs and improve procurement, operational, and invoicing processes. With over 20% growth over the last year, we are now looking to expand our service offering and team.
Reporting to the head of the Carrier Relations Team, the intern will manage our communication with freight carriers and help internally with claims resolution. In this role, you will help our auditing staff by assuring that their claims are processed and sent to the freight carriers in a timely manner. You will also help act as liaison between the auditors and the carriers to facilitate owed refunds to our clients. In addition, there is some light data entry work required to be done in person, and we expect roughly 20-25 hours per week of work.
Please note, there is an opportunity to turn this role into full-time position.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Working towards Bachelor’s Degree
- Prior work experience in invoicing/ accounting role or customer service
- Experience in entrepreneurial and team environments preferred
- Strong analytical and quantitative abilities
- Effective organizational and written skills with a go-getter attitude
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, and SharePoint
- Strong servant-leadership qualities – you are not afraid to jump in and help wherever help is needed with an ample dose of humility (i.e., no task is beneath you).
- Excellent communication skills – you are able to effectively work with and look beyond the work you handle to ensure you understand where it comes from and where it is going to. You know how to come to and respect an agreement with your manager on both requirements for a task as well as a deadline.
- A team-building mentality – you are interested in being a part of a successful organization . You know how to act accountable and your colleagues enjoy working with you.
- An ambitious attitude – you refuse to settle for status quo, and look for opportunities to sharpen your own tool kit with training as well as to improve current processes in place with recommendations.
- Independently identify and prioritize your assigned accounts to ensure we meet our departmental goals
- Work directly and hands-on with audit staff, carriers, and management toward resolution of outstanding freight overcharge claims
- Ensure timely and effective claims resolution
- Help identify areas for improvement as well as provide support as needed for other team members
- Correspond with transportation firms located throughout the US and abroad; including ability to professionally and amicably escalate verbiage (as-needed)
- Effectively communicate during phone calls and conference calls (as-needed)
- Efficiently summarize resolution activity across various departments