Purpose of the position
The purpose of the role is to assist the Business Development & Growth team to develop partnerships, expand BroadReach’s portfolio, and accelerate business development efforts in the improvement of healthcare services through USAID opportunities. The intern will develop an expertise and understanding of the international development and global health field.
Key Accountabilities (included but not limited to)
In Your Role You Will
- Complete background research on new business opportunities, target countries/organizations, innovations in health technology, and trends within the global health donor landscape.
- Provide support to the Business Development & Growth team in identifying target accounts, generating leads and opportunities by tracking sales opportunities and contacts through Microsoft D365 and other online platforms.
- Assist in the management and organization of BroadReach’s Customer Relationship Management system (Microsoft D365), including assisting with database clean-up and reporting.
- Support the DC office through administrative tasks including but not limited to: checking/sending mail, tracking purchases/receipts, taking meeting notes, and scanning/printing documents
- Support BroadReach’s presence at external events, conferences, and webinars, by planning logistics, preparing materials, creating outreach strategies, and attending events to promote BroadReach’s mission and strategic priorities
- Gather and share strategic information about key events and learnings in the global health and international development sector by attending webinars and subscribing to key listservs
- Assist in the development of key collateral and proposal resources for BroadReach and Growth team
- Develop an understanding of BroadReach’s solutions, the markets we operate within, and its competitors.
- Actively participate in global team meetings by listening, taking notes, and offering input.
- Understand how the Business Development & Growth team fits into the wider organization
- Continuously identify areas of improvement and put forward solutions
- Currently enrolled in an accredited bachelor’s or master’s degree program
- Educational background in global health, public health, data analytics, computer science, information management, international affairs, business, economics, and/or statistics
Experience & Skills
- Coursework and previous internships will be considered, no formal experience required
- Strong verbal and nonverbal communication skills to collaborate with multiple teams
- Driven, with a positive attitude
- Must be a team player
- Ability to effectively prioritize and plan work to meet deadlines
- Be solutions focused
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Results Orientation
- Attention to Detail
- Building Relationships
- Client Orientation
- Ability to work effectively both on a team and independently
- Available to work at a minimum of 16 hours per week in the DC office
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365, preferably including D365
BroadReach Culture Cornerstones
- We serve a mission greater than ourselves
- We do better everyday
- We are solutions driven not problem focused
- We turn all customers into raving fans