Computer Graphics Internship
Computer Graphics Internship
Activision is looking for talented and innovative students to join our team for the 2021 summer. We thrive on a culture of collaboration, respect, and fun. All Activision interns will receive a meaningful project and an unparalleled experience. We’ll provide the tools and resources you need to learn. The challenging and creative work you do throughout your internship will directly impact the game you are contributing on. Internships will be offered at our development studios across the country as well as Activision’s corporate headquarters.
We are currently planning on having our internships in-person. With that said, the safety of our employees is a top priority and we are comfortable transitioning our internship to be 100% virtual if needed.
- Join one of our Central Technology R&D teams and help them research the future of our game graphics.
- Collaborate with some of the best engineers in the industry
- Spend a summer focusing on a meaningful project that directly impacts game development while having an unparalleled experience.
- Participate in learning and development tech talks to understand how our employees come together to launch AAA games
- Must be pursuing a bachelors, masters, or PhD (Computer Science focus preferred) and graduating December 2021 or later
- Available for a 12-week internship starting in late May or late June
- Ability to demonstrate superior programming and problem-solving skills, self-motivation, and reliability
- Candidates must apply with a resume and a link to their code samples to be considered
Motion Capture Programming Internship: Join Activision’s Central Technology team and participate in R&D projects related to performance capture and character animation. You will also assist in developing, maintaining, and supporting asset creation pipelines and tools which integrate with different specific studio pipelines. This internship is located in Los Angeles, CA.
- Solid knowledge of C++ and object-oriented programming practices or a game engine (Unreal/Unity)
- Knowledge of mathematics for 3D graphics, particularly linear algebra
- A passion for research and innovation
- Experience with computer vision, numerical optimization, and Maya is a plus.
- EQt/PyQt/PySide development is a plus
Rendering Internship: Join Activision’s Central Technology team and work on console, PC, and mobile, including problems within render architecture, systems programming, GPU microcode, procedural geometry, ray-tracing, and performance analysis and optimization. This internship is located in Portland, ME.
- Working knowledge of C++
- Experience with at least one game-related domain (graphics, networking, embedded systems)
- Multi-threading, optimization (rendering and systems), and computer architecture are a plus
- Practical facility in an additional language like Python or Rust
- Code samples/portfolio required
Headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, Activision operates at the intersection of technology, entertainment, esports, and consumer products. Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games, we are the creators of some of the world’s biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our portfolio includes Call of Duty®, Crash Bandicoot™, Spyro™, Tony Hawk’s™: Pro Skater™, and Sekiro™.