Website indie-pop! / independently popular.
Who We Are
Independent is a media and distribution company created to reimagine the future of the artist-owned music streaming business. We provide services, resources, and content to empower a new generation of creators to build sustainable businesses surrounding their art.
What You Will Be Doing
You will be working with Independent’s head of content to ideate and source online content to be used in Independent’s educational and marketing initiatives. Tasks will include:
- Utilizing Tiktok, Twitch, Youtube, Instagram, and podcast platforms to discover and build relationships with creators in various categories, and then working with them to ideate content concepts.
- Sourcing online footage surrounding the topics of artistry, entrepreneurship, and the business of music streaming to be repurposed for use in Independent’s content campaigns.
- Reviewing news and media publications and pulling quotes and excerpts.
- Assist in the creation of content and assets including video pieces, still graphics, GIF’s, etc via simple editing and design work.
- Develop content distribution and post strategies and schedules. Post content and engage with viewers.
- Prepare creative copy.
- Have a working knowledge of social media strategy including hashtag usage and discover techniques on platforms including Tik Tok, Instagram, Youtube, and Twitch.
- Love of music and the cultures surrounding music including Alt-Pop, Left of Center Hip-Hop/Rap, R&B, Lo-fi/Beat.
- Strong research and discovery skills.
- Detail-oriented, organized.
- Interest in artist entrepreneurship and the new streaming economy.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Apps for Business
- Photoshop/Premiere Pro/iMovie or other editing and design software experience is a plus.